Agree with most of the reviews below regarding overall experience. Even if you don't stay here, this is a very cool place to take a break as you criss-cross the town sight-seeing, or meet for a drink, or just want to see an historic space turned into a hip oasis. The lobby is a former bank, with an interior modeled after the Pantheon in Rome. A copy of the original circular tellers' space under the dome's occulus now displays wines, and acts like a centerpiece around which cozy sofas and chairs form intimate arrangements. Gaze at the soaring ceiling and classic detail (from architects McKim, Mead and White), enjoy small bites from Eric Ripert's (Le Bernadin in NYC) in-hotel kitchen, sip cocktails and observe some of the best people-watching in Philly. Table service is prompt and friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A newly renovated neoclassical hotel set in a century-old landmark bank in downtown Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The Ritz-Carlton, Philadelphia is a stately testament to the city and an exceptional place to experience all the city has to offer. Walk in the footsteps of America's forefathers and become a part of history. Stay in the heart of Center City and absorb the energy of the city as you spend your day exploring Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell and other cultural treasures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Philadelphia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia Hotel Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Philadelphia