The Windsor Suites
  • Breakfast included
$220
$199
  • Pool
Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District(Philadelphia)(Great Value!)
$215
$169
$236
$208
Hilton.com
$179
  • Restaurant
Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square(Philadelphia)
$206
$242
Home2.com
  • Breakfast included
1,546 results
All reviewsfull kitchenirish pubrooftop poolwalk in closetfront desksmall kitchenfranklin instituteone bedroom suitemuseum districtcity hallwithin walking distancerocky stepssuburban stationlogan squarelocation is greatparking garagetwo double beds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 19, 2006

I read most of the reviews criticizing this hotel...I agree that it is in need of modernization, however did not encounter any other problems. The front desk staff was courteous and efficient. The room seemed well maintained and was clean.. Getting my car from the valet parking took less than 5 minutes on both occasions, although I can see that it would have taken much longer had it been at 9am, when there was a long line of cars entering.
The location of this hotel, with its proximity to the museum area is its strongest point....

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank sg1338
Reviewed October 15, 2006

My wife and I booked a stay at the Hotel Windsor for October 12-15, 2006.
We arrived at the hotel and received our room cards promptly. One has to swipe the room card at the elevator to access them and get up to your floor and again at the door of the room. We were assigned to room 1203. We also noticed that some people reside at this hotel.
The room was very large. It had a kitchen with dishwasher, stove, oven, a full-size refrigerator and sink, along with plenty of dishes and silverware. They also have an ice machine down the hall, along with washing machines.
Yes, the hotel is old, but that shouldn’t make a difference if everything is well maintained.
Expect the smell of all kinds of food that people are cooking in their rooms to permeate all areas. You did ask for a room with a kitchen.
The bathroom sink was stopped up when we arrived. The next day when I ask to have it unstopped, they did try, but I think they need to clean the pipes.
There weren’t many channels available on the TV, but we didn’t come for that.
Friday morning, the temperature went down to 40 or so. I tried to turn on the heat, but it didn’t work. I asked at the front desk and they said the heat would not be turned on for another week!
I guess you get what you pay for. We knew this was a cheaper hotel than most in the area. They are doing some expensive renovations to balconies right now and it looks like this will last for some time so be forewarned.
Also, they are building a very large office building right across the street, so if you are a light sleeper and don’t want to hear loud construction starting at 7AM, you may want to steer clear of this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank NoBodySpecial
Reviewed October 5, 2006

My husband booked a room for a business trip that fell through. When we called to cancel, we were told the hotel had the discretion to issue a refund if the hotel could rebook the room. I was told by the reservation department that the hotel had sold out, yet the general manager refused to issue a refund. He said his "hourly clerks" in the reservation department typically give out misinformation. The GM repeatedly said things like, "why should i deal with you?" and belittled the significance of the amount of money we had lost - not a business expense since the business had fallen through. He said he certainly had the power to issue the refund but would not. It seems the management at Hotel Windsor is inept and uncaring about its guests or generating return business and certainly has no confidence in its own staff. This reflects poorly on this hotel.

Stayed: October 2006
2  Thank gmandl
A TripAdvisor Member
Harrisburg, Pa
Reviewed June 30, 2006

The Windsor hotel was ok, but have stayed at better hotels in the area for less money. Parking attendents at the hotel are not very friendly. We called the front desk to ask if they would call the garage for out car and they said they do not offer this service. It took 20 minutes to get our car from the garage and we had to go from the parking garage back to the front desk back to the garage in order to get a special in/out pass. The hotel was clean, but the two restaraunts in the hotel do not offer breakfast and its very challnging to find a place to eat on a Sunday morning.

• Stayed: June 2006
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Big Stone Gap, VA.
Reviewed June 19, 2006

The four of us traveled to tour the USS New Jersey on which my brother-in-law had served. We stayed three nights at this hotel. WE LOVED IT!!!The room was clean, quiet and very spacious. The closet space was unreal. We were on the sixth floor and really enjoyed sitting on the balcony. We moved the dining room chairs back and forth to the balcony. I suggest there be chairs or lounges on the balcony. The staff WERE SO FRIENDLY, HELPFUL, AND WONDERFUL. They gave us directions for our journey to Camden and told us if we could not find our way back to the hotel, they would send someone for us. You do not ge this kind of service anywhere else. We were also told if we needed medical attention for my brother-in-law, they would call for someone to help him. The over all service could not have been any better. It is without hesitation that I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL. ALSO TO THE FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL PEOPLE OF PHILLY AND CAMDEN THANK YOU for our memorable trip.

• Stayed: June 2006