“Windsor Hotel Ok; parking terrible”
Review of The Windsor Suites

The Windsor Suites
Ranked #6 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Harrisburg, Pa
Reviewed June 30, 2006

The Windsor hotel was ok, but have stayed at better hotels in the area for less money. Parking attendents at the hotel are not very friendly. We called the front desk to ask if they would call the garage for out car and they said they do not offer this service. It took 20 minutes to get our car from the garage and we had to go from the parking garage back to the front desk back to the garage in order to get a special in/out pass. The hotel was clean, but the two restaraunts in the hotel do not offer breakfast and its very challnging to find a place to eat on a Sunday morning.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Big Stone Gap, VA.
Reviewed June 19, 2006

The four of us traveled to tour the USS New Jersey on which my brother-in-law had served. We stayed three nights at this hotel. WE LOVED IT!!!The room was clean, quiet and very spacious. The closet space was unreal. We were on the sixth floor and really enjoyed sitting on the balcony. We moved the dining room chairs back and forth to the balcony. I suggest there be chairs or lounges on the balcony. The staff WERE SO FRIENDLY, HELPFUL, AND WONDERFUL. They gave us directions for our journey to Camden and told us if we could not find our way back to the hotel, they would send someone for us. You do not ge this kind of service anywhere else. We were also told if we needed medical attention for my brother-in-law, they would call for someone to help him. The over all service could not have been any better. It is without hesitation that I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL. ALSO TO THE FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL PEOPLE OF PHILLY AND CAMDEN THANK YOU for our memorable trip.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Riga, Latvia
Reviewed June 4, 2006

Overall, I think this place is good value for money. The location is very convenient. The room was very big, with two walk-in closets, a hall, and a kitchen. The place was reasonably clean and relatively well maintained. However, the service could have been better. I arrived three hours before the check-in time and was told I could check into a smoker room immediately, but would have to wait till 3pm for a non-smoker room (which I had requested). I left my things in the luggage room and went for a sightseeing. However, the room that I got at the official check-in time smelled just like a smoker room. It was not worth waiting for three hours. Moreover, the check-in itself was not without incidents. I think they are using some low-tech system for assigning the rooms, because instead of the computer screen, the front-desk clerk was looking for the room numbers on a paper sheet. He kept telling me that he had a great room for me; when I went up to the room, I was shocked to dicover that there were people living there already. The clerk was very apologetic. I thought the incident was pretty funny after all the upsell, but people in that room probably did not feel the same way... But otherwise my stay there was quite pleasant. There was a free (and very fast) Internet access in the room.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 16, 2006

I stayed at the Windsor this week for two nights, along with my mother (in a separate room). A few things....

1) The first rooms we were given had doors and windows that didn't lock (on a ground floor where people could climb in), and smelled terribly like curry. (I love curry, but this was a sickening smell).

2) The second set of rooms we were given had bathtubs that wouldn't drain (I couldn't even take a shower without the water overflowing the entire bathtub), rooms that smelled terrible, cracks in the walls, half painted walls, tons of noise on the outside....and to top it all off, someone came in my room while I was gone and used the restroom without flushing the toilet! (I know this because I didn't use the bathroom that morning, and when I came back to my room, it was full of urine).

Overall, a terrible stay. The people are unfriendly, unsupportive - the place is run down and needs some major investment. Great location, horrible hotel. Stay away and check in next door at the Embassy Suites. (Same price, much better hotel)

• Stayed: May 2006