“great package”
Review of The Windsor Suites

The Windsor Suites
Ranked #6 of 87 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed October 13, 2009

Stayed here for 2 nights. Great package deal included lots of inclusions, including parking, internet, breakfast, gym, at about half the nightly price of other hotels. Big room (studio apartment really), good bed, big TV, friendly service and great central location. Not 5 star luxury but definitely 4 star and no rip-off charges. Will please tourists and business persons.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for The Windsor Suites

Reviewed October 12, 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 3 nights and 4 days. When we arrived the front desk was very gracious and kind and we felt very welcomed. When we walked into the room I was surprised how huge it was! There was tons of space! The kitchenette was an awesome bonus. We also had a great view of Love Park from our balcony! We were walking distance from Reading Terminal, the Liberty Bell, museums and the infamous Rocky steps.

I was also delighted with the free breakfast in the morning. Nothing fancy but it does the job if you don't want to spend extra money during your stay for a meal.

I highly recommend this hotel for families, couples or business travelers alike. The location and the value we received does not compare to a lot of hotels.

Not to mention that we just enjoyed staying somewhere convenient, safe and comfortable.

Thank you Windsor Suites... !!!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2009

Spend two weeks here on business and wanted somewere self-catering, so I wasn't eating out the whole time. Not bad location wise; was about a 20 minute walk to my location and was fairly centrally located for other things. Bit of a hike with shopping from the nearest supermarket, but there is a wine store nearby and a couple of good restaurants, such as the Mexican place just across the road.
Main advantage of the room was the kitchen area; rooms were otherwise a little on the tired side and could do with some refurbishment.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 8, 2009

this place has a full kitchen with dining area so it's great for families. we also enjoyed the breakfast buffet - nothing fancy but decent. The beds were comfortable and the service was great. We actually broke one of their glass pots and made a mess in the kitchen, people came in immediately and cleaned the area completely.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 7, 2009

Stayed here last April for a good friends wedding and could not have been more pleased. Excellent location for sightseeing some of the historic parts of PHL. The room was clean as a whistle and newly updated. Great shower! Free breakfast was a plus and the Balcony had an excellent view! I would book here again in a heartbeat! I don't understand the negative reviews and I guess some people think a $100+ room rate should be like the Four Seasons. LOL!!!!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 29, 2009

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for his 21st birthday! It has an easy walk to South street (where all the bars are) and Broad st! The staff was great! We were a few hours early and they let us check in with no problems. I called the service desk one night to ask for a cab company # so I can call a cab and they told me "just come down stairs and our bell hop with hail you one". Which he did...pretty fast I should add! Also, we asked them for advice on where NOT to go and they were quick and happy to tell us. (bad parts...anything west of 23rd street and south of South st...try to avoid these areas) From 22ed st on to Penns landing is a good area! I would definitly stay at this hotel again. The room had a balcony that over looked a road (I believe cherry st) that was lined with flags. My husband and I enjoyed trying to guess the flags countries while having a smoke. (non smoking hotel). The room was clean and very large. Beds were comfortable and this room had a great price. We paid less than $100 per night! Try this hotel!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2009

just average. booking.com did not include tax on the price, which after that, was not a deal. the hotel staff didn't make up our room the whole weekend. there was a nice pool on the roof, and parking is $31. we got a room facing the back without a balcony, and the decor was quite dated.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple