“Excellent Stay!!!”

Ranked #6 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Excellent Stay!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

I so loved staying here at the Windsor Suites! it was very spacious and clean to my liking. i loved how they didn't mind little hotel parties or in my case a "Girls Night In"! they made sure that we were happy. The full kitchen was one of the best things there because me and my friends were able to cook our meals instead of having to go out and spend unnecessary money. they have PLENTY of closet space for the folks that plan to stay longer than 1 or 2 nights!The pool being on top of the roof is pretty cool too! overall this is one of the best affordable inner city hotels. i recommend any, and everyone to stay at least once, it was very nice! Thanks For making my stay an enjoyable one!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

TheWindsorMgtTeam, Manager at The Windsor Suites, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Dear Monique H,
Thank you for your kind review of your recent stay with us. We are happy you were able to take advantage of our features and amenities that made your "Girls Night In" a success. While we do not allow parties in our suites, we do appreciate that your group was discreet enough that other guests were not disturbed.
Thank you again for your review, and for staying with us. We hope you'll stay with us again soon.
Kind regards,
The Windsor Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

I had lived in Philadelphia for many years and never thought or heard much about this hotel. Upon returning last week I needed a place for the night before going to the shore. I had a 1 bed apt that had more closet space than my own home. Amazing view and fully equipped and renovated kitchen. The staff were all polite and very friendly. I'm glad I discovered this hidden gem in center city.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank disab3476
TheWindsorMgtTeam, Manager at The Windsor Suites, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear disab3476,
Thank you for sharing your review! We are so happy you found us, and enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Thank you!
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

This is without doubt one the best places to stay in Philly! I loved it! Spotless, wonderful room like an apartment...serviced every day. I had a studio and it was huge...great kitchen area with everything you could possibly want - equipped, dishes, etc. Room service is also available. The location is perfect and near to all downtown attractions, many within walking distance.

One of the very best things about The Windsor is the staff - they are wonderfully helpful and friendly. I must particularly mention Seamus at the front desk for whom nothing was too much trouble and Sharon & the upstairs guys who did everything they could to make my stay a comfortable one.
I will definitely be back for my Convention next year and will book with Windsor. I can recommend this hotel without any reservation- it cannot be faulted.
Well done, Windsor!

Room Tip: Go for a room on a high floor because the views across the city are amazing!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank gisadora11
Dear gisadora11,
Thank you sincerely for your wonderful feedback on your recent stay with us. We are so happy when our guests take the time to let us know what they liked about our hotel, but especially when our individual colleagues made an impression. We appreciate you mentioning these colleagues by name, and we have shared these comment with them.
Please contact us directly to reserve your accommodations for your convention next year. We will be thrilled to welcome you back.
Thank you for staying with us!
Best regards,
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014

After my airbnb host cancelled on me at the last minute I had to scramble to find a hotel that was affordable and conveniently located. This property fit the bill, both on paper and in reality. Situated on the edge of center city, The Windsor Suites offers what they call "studio suites," which feature a compact full kitchen (with full-size appliances), more closet space than I've ever had in a hotel, including a walk-in closet adjacent to the bathroom, a separate vanity area outside the bathroom, a table and chairs for dining, and a huge expanse of desk area if you like to work spread out. The room itself had plenty of room to move...I even spread out my yoga towel and had ample space to practice.

I had requested early check-in, and while they weren't able to accommodate me as early as I wanted, the staff ushered me downstairs to a nice, quiet seating area where I was able to conduct a conference call in peace. The staff were very friendly, helpful and accommodating all around, made it an even more pleasurable stay. Decor was simple, but the bed was super comfortable and the room was clean, and the AC worked great, even though the weather was kinda steamy outside.

It wasn't the Four Seasons (which is just a block away), but it was a great value for the price. I highly recommend this property, and will stay here again next time I visit for sure.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear teriyakijones,
We are so thrilled that chance sent you our way, as it gave us the opportunity to show you our hotel, and share with you our exceptional service that we work on perfecting everyday. Thank you for sharing your comments with the Tripadvisor community. It means a lot to us that you would take the time to do this. We appreciate you staying with us, and hope that you will stay with us again soon.
Mont-Saint-Hilaire, Quebec, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

Connection flight cancellation forced mr to find a room near the Airport. This hotel is a 20min ($8.00) train ride from the airport to downtown Philly. The room that I had stayed in was very spacious and comfortable. Although it was only an overnight stay, my positive experience would likely mean that I would stay here again when in town whether overnight or longer stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
TheWindsorMgtTeam, Manager at The Windsor Suites, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Dear Alex N,
Thank you for staying with us recently, and for your kind comments. We are happy your stay was comfortable, and hope to welcome you back soon.
Thank you!
Brooklyn, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

A friend and I recently booked a night at The Windsor Suites while in town for an Ultimate Frisbee tournament. I chose the hotel based on reviews and their spot-on central location in Philadelphia. A few days prior to arriving, I called to inquire about the possibility of a cold six-pack of beer and some chips waiting for us in the room upon our arrival. The staff member I spoke to told me that it wouldn't be a problem. She simply asked me if I'd like it put onto my bill, and told me it would be no problem- she would see to it personally.
We spent the entire day playing in our tournament, running around and building up a thirst. Upon check in, I mentioned that I had previously asked about some beers- the front desk agent told me that everything had been taken care of and to enjoy our stay.

When we got to the room, there was a Windsor Suites tote bag full of chips on the counter and a cold six-pack of Coronas in the fridge.

I know I paid for them, and I know it doesn't seem like a big deal, but it was. The care and service level we were shown was incredible. I will absolutely be back to the Windsor Suites the next time I find myself in Philly. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to be treated nicely while traveling (aka- everyone).

Room Tip: Higher the floor, better the view from the balcony. I was on the ninth floor (about middle of the st...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear UltiDan,
Thank you for your review and kind comments! At The Windsor Suites, we believe that the experience we offer should be more than just providing a clean room and comfortable bed. We love the opportunities where we get to "Wow" our guests, and we hope that is what we did with you.
Of course, keeping your six pack of Coronas properly chilled may not have been possible without the full sized refrigerator in your suite, and we hope they capped off a day of successful tournament for you.
Please contact us directly to reserve your suite for your next tournament. We'll be happy to welcome you back!
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

Title says it all. The location is great and the front desk staff are helpful. As other reviews stated a few weeks ago, the cooling system was down but supposedly fixed. Well our thermostat never got below 72*f. For $200 a night, a cool comfortable room was expected. The front desk was out of fans and told us to open our windows. The windows open maybe 3 inches and didn't cool the place at all. Nicely equipped with wi-fi, small kitchen, and large closet. If all you want is location and helpful staff, you will be fine. I didn't enjoy waking up at 4am sweating so I would choose to go elsewhere in the future.

• Stayed June 2014
TheWindsorMgtTeam, Manager at The Windsor Suites, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear endlessopportunities,
Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. Unfortunately, despite our best efforts, sometimes things do not go as planned. We do apologize for the issue with your air conditioning. Our engineering team recently completed an upgrade of our cooling system and was assured all units were working efficiently, but apparently your room was not. As a result of your review, we are checking every room again, to ensure that all is as it should be. Again, please accept our apologies, and be assured that the comfort of our guests is our main priority.
Thank you for staying with us, and we hope you will consider us again in the future.
Best regards.