This hotel is very conveniently located, has two restaurants on site and is walking distance to many others as well several arts venues. Upon check-in, the clerk (who used my name 27 times) told me that they didn't have type of room that I reserved available, so they "up-graded" us to a larger room. The room may well have been larger (it was a suite larger than several apartments I've lived in,) but it had two double beds instead of a queen. The beds were not as comfortable as most hotel beds. The room was freezing when we arrived, the air conditioner was on - even though the temperature outside was in the 30s. Even after I turned the heat on, the room never warmed up - because, I discovered the next morning, that the window in the living area, was wide open. The hotel has valet parking only, supposedly with in and out privileges, but we waited over 30 minutes for our car when we checked out, even after calling 15 minutes ahead of time. The room did have one of those coffee makers that make one cup at a time, and the complimentary coffee was very good. The hotel clearly is not happy with its relationship with Expedia-type services because there are multiple notices, including on your bill, telling you that the best rate can be gotten by calling the hotel directly. However, when I did call the hotel directly, the rate was no better than what Expedia was offering. I would stay there again, because the room was nice and very clean, and the staff at the desk was friendly and welcoming. The room was good for business travel because the table in the living area provides a well-lighted and comfortable space to work.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DOWNTOWN PHILADELPHIA HOTEL - UNIQUE URBAN HOTEL SUITES Experience modern urban living at The Windsor Suites, your home away from home in downtown Philadelphia. A perfect blend of modern comfort and authenticity, our hotel captures the spirit of discovery and innovation instilled by Benjamin Franklin. Discover the city as you walk out our front doors and visit any one of the renowned arts and cultural destinations at your fingertips, such as The Philadelphia Museum of Art, Comcast Center, and Rittenhouse Square. Our spacious studio and one-bedroom suites feature fully equipped kitchens, living and dining space, and breathtaking skyline views to suit both business and leisure travelers. Savor traditional Irish cuisine at Con Murphy's, stay connected in our fully equipped business center, or host an event in the flexible 1,900 square foot meeting space. When it is time for fitness and wellness, re-charge in our fitness center, or lounge by our rooftop pool overlooking the city. Regardless of your purpose for visiting Philadelphia, you'll find that Windsor Suites embodies the genuine warmth and pride that our great city is known for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Windsor Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Windsor Hotel Philadelphia
- Windsor Hotel Philadelphia
- Marriott Execustay Philadelphia