“Good location, large clean rooms”
Review of The Windsor Suites

Ranked #5 of 89 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed November 17, 2013

This hotel is very conveniently located, has two restaurants on site and is walking distance to many others as well several arts venues. Upon check-in, the clerk (who used my name 27 times) told me that they didn't have type of room that I reserved available, so they "up-graded" us to a larger room. The room may well have been larger (it was a suite larger than several apartments I've lived in,) but it had two double beds instead of a queen. The beds were not as comfortable as most hotel beds. The room was freezing when we arrived, the air conditioner was on - even though the temperature outside was in the 30s. Even after I turned the heat on, the room never warmed up - because, I discovered the next morning, that the window in the living area, was wide open. The hotel has valet parking only, supposedly with in and out privileges, but we waited over 30 minutes for our car when we checked out, even after calling 15 minutes ahead of time. The room did have one of those coffee makers that make one cup at a time, and the complimentary coffee was very good. The hotel clearly is not happy with its relationship with Expedia-type services because there are multiple notices, including on your bill, telling you that the best rate can be gotten by calling the hotel directly. However, when I did call the hotel directly, the rate was no better than what Expedia was offering. I would stay there again, because the room was nice and very clean, and the staff at the desk was friendly and welcoming. The room was good for business travel because the table in the living area provides a well-lighted and comfortable space to work.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CSI-Reviewer
TheWindsorMgtTeam, Manager at The Windsor Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Dear CSI-Reviewer,
Thank you for choosing The Windsor Suites, and for your comprehensive review of your recent stay. Sometimes, despite our best efforts to ensure that everything is in place to offer the most exceptional service, things do go wrong and for that we sincerely apologize. Our guest comments are always very useful to us as they remind us that there is always room to improve, and this is our aim.
We are pleased however, to see that the rest of your stay went well, and you would be happy to give us another opportunity to wow you. We look forward to doing so.
Thank you again for staying with us, and for your review.
The Windsor Suites

Write a ReviewReviews (1,480)

Reviewed November 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a quick overnight trip to Philly.

The front desk staff was ok (not at all rude, but not necessarily super friendly). Check-in was fast and efficient. The room was HUGE, mostly clean, and well equipped (although I wish the Keurig had a hot chocolate or apple cider k cups - I don't drink coffee). Our room didn't have a view, but that was fine by us. The hotel is a great location - we were able to park our car and walk to everything. Speaking of parking, it will cost you about $34 for 24 hours if you use the garage at the hotel.

As we were checking out of the hotel we witnessed a young lady working at the front desk in a heated debated with a guest who claimed to have been double charged. I was a little put off by the way the customer service rep. was talking to the guest.

Overall, we might stay at this hotel again, if we got a good rate (anything less than $100 per night).

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear 2travel_allover,
Thank you for staying with us and for your feedback. Please note that we have addressed the incident you mentioned, so that this does not recur.
We are happy the rest of your stay went well, and we hope to welcome you again soon.
The Windsor Suites.

Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

Large room, complete kitchen, small table for snacks, two walking closets, comfort and clean... Close to downtown and most of the museums. Good staff, places to eat around....
Good prices, specially for families...
I recommend!!!!!!!
Fernanda

Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Fernanda C
TheWindsorMgtTeam, Manager at The Windsor Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

Dear Fernanda C,
Thank you for your review and your great recommendation of our hotel. We are thrilled to read reviews like yours, and we do appreciate you sharing this with the Tripadvisor community. We hope you'll stay with us again soon.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

I visited this property for a quick overnight visit and was very pleased at this hospitality I was extended. Though the receptionist at checkin was very short and rude, the management more than accommodated for her behavior. When asked the type of rooms they had available, she told me to move aside until my reservation pulled up. I asked again as I wasn't sure what my reservation had to do with the room types available at the hotel and she again asked that I move. Fortunately, management intervened and was able to resolve my concerns. I even received a personal escort to preview the rooms before completing my reservation. I have only had this luxury twice in the past. A sincere thanks to the management team for taking the time and showing me they appreciated my business. The rooms are VERY spacious and reminded me of my first apartment after college, and I had a smaller room of their offerings. As a business traveler, it is the small things such as hospitality that make such a big difference when chosing a hotel. In the room, there was a separate area outside of the bathroom to do hair and makeup. The bed was SOOO comfortable and the water provided is always a plus. The hotel is conveniently located downtown, and pleasantly not in the heart of downtown. The valet was extremely kind and very timely. Overall I thought very highly of this hotel and will definitely return on my next round through Philly.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear LoveLifeMusic,
Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us at The Windsor Suites. Please accept our apologies for the unfortunate incident at check-in. Rest assured that we have addressed this, as this is not indicative of our usual exceptional service.
We are pleased that the rest of your stay was comfortable and pleasant, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

An unexpected stay and so grateful for the kindness and cleanliness I was shown. A wonderful three nights spent here and couldn't have asked for more, great location too. Highly recommended. Easy walking access to all Philadelphia has to offer.

Room Tip: Stocked coffee machine provided, very nice toiletries & kitchenette.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Dear DeborahRM,
Thank you so much for your kind comments and your recommendation of our hotel. We are happy when our guests leave happy, and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again soon.
Best regards,

Reviewed November 13, 2013

I recently spent two nights at the Windsor Hotel in the first week of November. What a wonderful room and stay. My room was so comfortable and spacious. The front desk staff was very kind and professional and not just to me, but others that came and went. There was an African American female manager that was sooo helpful, kind and patient. She told me so much about the city, what a great ambassador for the city and the Windsor Hotel. Every hotel should have a great staff like the Windsor Hotel. Thank you.

However, I did witness a disturbing encounter while in the lobby area. There was a staff member that had an accent and there was a misunderstanding with him and a guest regarding a itemized receipt. There was male manager standing near by and a lobby with guests. The manager proceeded to berate the staff member. It was quite uncomfortable. My friend and I were disturbed by the exchange. The staff member was embarassed and so was everyone within earshot. This did not tarnish my overall perception of the Windsor, but it would be beneficial for this particular manager to learn to use better technique when admonishing staff.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear wcn4000,
We are so pleased that your recent stay with us wonderful and comfortable, and that you took the time to share this with the Tripadvisor community. We thank you for that.
We'd also like to apologize for the unfortunate incident you observed, and we promise you that we've already addressed it with added training in employee coaching techniques.
Apart from that, we do recognize that you gave us 5 stars for our accommodations and service, and we can't wait to welcome you back.
Thank you!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

We stayed in this hotel during a 4 day trip to visit colleges for our daughter. Our expectations were not very high considering the price per room. The room was very clean. The kitchenette was perfect for our needs. The location was great, very convenient. Some have complained about the parking, since we are NY/NJ people, we didn't find the cost excessive or the system problematic. If our daughter ends up at a Philadelphia college we will be staying here often.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
TheWindsorMgtTeam, Manager at The Windsor Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear Debsnj,
We are happy that we were able to provide you with comfortable accommodations while you visited our area colleges recently. We wish for your daughter much success in her college search, and we hope to welcome you again soon.
Thank you for staying with us, and for your kind comments.
The Windsor Suites.