I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights (unfortunately). Upon arrival, I was told that I was upgraded from a studio to a 1 bedroom. I was excited, but that soon passed. As I got to my hotel room door I heard a lot of laughter inside of the room. At first I thought that there was a mistake with the front desk, but then I knocked and two cleaning ladies and a manager walked out. They explained that they had just been "looking over" the room. Well, if that is quality control, send those women back to training school!
There was hair all over the bathroom floor, and the sheets had not been changed from the guests before me. There was no mattress pad cover (really?!) just a paper thin sheet separating me from the countless other guests before me. Yuck!
I tried reporting the problem to the front desk, but that was only mildly helpful and they were angry about it. Things got better when I asked them to help me with the temp in my rom. There is a nice (new!) temperature control in the room. But hey, the joke's on you! You can't control the room temp because there is a single heating/cooling pipe in the hotel and they turned off both for the spring season. The temp in the hallway was nice - so the management suggested either opening the window or the door. Really? What a joke.
Do yourself a favor and don't stay here. And certainly wash everything you own if you do stay. I was itching for days after staying there! Yuck, yuck, yuck! Never again. Never.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DOWNTOWN PHILADELPHIA HOTEL - UNIQUE URBAN HOTEL SUITES Experience modern urban living at The Windsor Suites, your home away from home in downtown Philadelphia. A perfect blend of modern comfort and authenticity, our hotel captures the spirit of discovery and innovation instilled by Benjamin Franklin. Discover the city as you walk out our front doors and visit any one of the renowned arts and cultural destinations at your fingertips, such as The Philadelphia Museum of Art, Comcast Center, and Rittenhouse Square. Our spacious studio and one-bedroom suites feature fully equipped kitchens, living and dining space, and breathtaking skyline views to suit both business and leisure travelers. Savor traditional Irish cuisine at Con Murphy's, stay connected in our fully equipped business center, or host an event in the flexible 1,900 square foot meeting space. When it is time for fitness and wellness, re-charge in our fitness center, or lounge by our rooftop pool overlooking the city. Regardless of your purpose for visiting Philadelphia, you'll find that Windsor Suites embodies the genuine warmth and pride that our great city is known for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your The Windsor Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Windsor Hotel Philadelphia
- Windsor Hotel Philadelphia
- Marriott Execustay Philadelphia