First the reviews are a bit confusing. This is because there are mulitple ways to get a room here. There are long term apartments, furnished and unfurnished, Rooms by the night and what I did, Extended Stay by Marriott. I was in town for 6 weeks and rented a one bedroom furnished apartment. The building is a bit dated, but you have a large porch (no furniture) with large sliding glass doors to take in the views. The bed was new and the carpet and paint looked new also, the full kitchen was up to date. The furniture such as couch, tables, TV stand looked quite old and the living room furniture wasn't very comfortable, but for the price it was livable. The staff was very nice. The morning sun through the large glass windows would easily overwhelm the AC so I kept the curtains closed in the mornings. A funny thing going on in this large concrete building was the ongoing implementation of new low volume toilets that used some sort of airtank to save water. The first time you flush you almost have a heart attack from the sudden almost explosive sound. I even warned a guest and it still scared them when they flushed!!! As the weeks passed it became apparent that more and more rooms were being retrofitted as in the quiet of the early morning you could hear the faint flushing of toilets around the building, sounding somewhat like depth charges going off in submarine movies, it didn't wake me up, but was just funny to hear!!
If you are doing extended stay you should call the desk and arrange for your own Cable box with DVR and internet access. The hotel has adequate stuff, but the cost per month is way cheaper than I expected and delivered much better bandwidth and channels on your TV.
This was a great location within walking distance of the Philadephia Museum of Art, downtown, City Hall, Love Park and the various trains around the city and to where I was working by the Redding Terminal Market. Car rentals at Hertz downstairs were very cheap for the weekend when I needed to get out of town. Warning, the kitchen is nice, but not many grocery stores in the neighborhood, there is a whole foods about a mile away so take an empty backpack if you are walking!
The workout room is the only real complaint I had about the place, it had a weird assortment of equipment and some of it wasn't working right, and it just had a dingy depressing feel to the place. I guess if you are in Phildelphia and need a workout run down to the Museum and visit around the Rocky Statue!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DOWNTOWN PHILADELPHIA HOTEL - UNIQUE URBAN HOTEL SUITES Experience modern urban living at The Windsor Suites, your home away from home in downtown Philadelphia. A perfect blend of modern comfort and authenticity, our hotel captures the spirit of discovery and innovation instilled by Benjamin Franklin. Discover the city as you walk out our front doors and visit any one of the renowned arts and cultural destinations at your fingertips, such as The Philadelphia Museum of Art, Comcast Center, and Rittenhouse Square. Our spacious studio and one-bedroom suites feature fully equipped kitchens, living and dining space, and breathtaking skyline views to suit both business and leisure travelers. Savor traditional Irish cuisine at Con Murphy's, stay connected in our fully equipped business center, or host an event in the flexible 1,900 square foot meeting space. When it is time for fitness and wellness, re-charge in our fitness center, or lounge by our rooftop pool overlooking the city. Regardless of your purpose for visiting Philadelphia, you'll find that Windsor Suites embodies the genuine warmth and pride that our great city is known for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your The Windsor Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Windsor Hotel Philadelphia
- Windsor Hotel Philadelphia
- Marriott Execustay Philadelphia