Because we are a family of five, many hotels would not accommodate us, but Windsor Suites did. I'll be honest, I'm kind of a hotel snob and prefer to stay in newer or newly renovated hotels. At first, when we entered our room, I was disappointed because it seemed to have an odor. However, after the first day, I got more used to the smell and we came to the conclusion that it was from different cooking smells in the building. They don't have the greatest of ventilation systems. For the room and location, the price was probably pretty good. It's about a block from Logan Square and two blocks from the old city hall. Also, it is on the route for the Phlash bus which is convenient for sightseeing. It is also a pretty easy walk to Reading Terminal (about 6 blocks). Our room was not stocked with enough towels, coffee, or sheets or blankets for the pull out couch. However, the front desk was very helpful whenever we needed anything and staff was very quick to respond to our requests. The rooms have been renovated, although the workmanship might not be top notch, it was ok. Our kids enjoyed the novelty of the roof top pool. This hotel gives a discount to people who are going to Shriners Hospital. Kudos in our book.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DOWNTOWN PHILADELPHIA HOTEL - UNIQUE URBAN HOTEL SUITES Experience modern urban living at The Windsor Suites, your home away from home in downtown Philadelphia. A perfect blend of modern comfort and authenticity, our hotel captures the spirit of discovery and innovation instilled by Benjamin Franklin. Discover the city as you walk out our front doors and visit any one of the renowned arts and cultural destinations at your fingertips, such as The Philadelphia Museum of Art, Comcast Center, and Rittenhouse Square. Our spacious studio and one-bedroom suites feature fully equipped kitchens, living and dining space, and breathtaking skyline views to suit both business and leisure travelers. Savor traditional Irish cuisine at Con Murphy's, stay connected in our fully equipped business center, or host an event in the flexible 1,900 square foot meeting space. When it is time for fitness and wellness, re-charge in our fitness center, or lounge by our rooftop pool overlooking the city. Regardless of your purpose for visiting Philadelphia, you'll find that Windsor Suites embodies the genuine warmth and pride that our great city is known for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Windsor Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Windsor Hotel Philadelphia
- Windsor Hotel Philadelphia
- Marriott Execustay Philadelphia