My husband and our 2 teenage boys stayed at the Windsor Suites this past weekend. The location is very convenient on Benjamin Franklin PWY and 18th street. It was a quick walk to the Science Museum a bit of a hike to the Art Museum and easy access to Reading Terminal. Cabs were quick and easy. Not more than $7 anywhere we went. We had no reason to move the car. The only down side to the location is the very busy street. It is a little loud at night.
The suite is HUGE. I am not sure why there is so much closet space, but everyone can have their own private dressing room (or recording studio, which my husband set up). Our room was in sad need of new furniture. The living room furniture was ratty. Falling apart with cushion you had trouble get out of. The sleep sofa was pretty uncomfortable, but we also got a cot and doubled up on the matresses. My son also found a half eaten Reeses cup in the bed. I understand they are slowly rennovating, so request a rennovated room. We had a patio which was fun to stand out on. The AC worked great which was a great relief given the 93 degree temp outside at night. The shower had very little water pressure.
There is a full kitchen which was very clean. Only one pot, but plenty of dishes.
The people at the desk were very nice. I had spoken to the manager after I say a "manager's special" on the website and got an even cheaper rate inculding parking, so it is worth a call.
The space worked out great for us and we would definitely recommend it for a family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DOWNTOWN PHILADELPHIA HOTEL - UNIQUE URBAN HOTEL SUITES Experience modern urban living at The Windsor Suites, your home away from home in downtown Philadelphia. A perfect blend of modern comfort and authenticity, our hotel captures the spirit of discovery and innovation instilled by Benjamin Franklin. Discover the city as you walk out our front doors and visit any one of the renowned arts and cultural destinations at your fingertips, such as The Philadelphia Museum of Art, Comcast Center, and Rittenhouse Square. Our spacious studio and one-bedroom suites feature fully equipped kitchens, living and dining space, and breathtaking skyline views to suit both business and leisure travelers. Savor traditional Irish cuisine at Con Murphy's, stay connected in our fully equipped business center, or host an event in the flexible 1,900 square foot meeting space. When it is time for fitness and wellness, re-charge in our fitness center, or lounge by our rooftop pool overlooking the city. Regardless of your purpose for visiting Philadelphia, you'll find that Windsor Suites embodies the genuine warmth and pride that our great city is known for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Windsor Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Windsor Hotel Philadelphia
- Windsor Hotel Philadelphia
- Marriott Execustay Philadelphia