Stayed here this past weekend. Was really looking forward to it after reading all the reviews. Was really impressed with the staff. They were very friendly and knowledgeable and I have absolutely no issues with them at all.
We were given our room after check in and the 1st thing we noticed was a smell in it. I, at first, was thinking it is just the cleaning supplies they use, but my husband brought to my attention it smelled more like someone had gotten sick in the room. We looked around and could find nothing to confirm that (not that the smell wouldn't linger for days afterwards anyway).
The room was small, and the bathroom was about the smallest I've seen - it was hard not to hit your head on the sink when you are on the commode. The shower/tub however was clean. Hot water was in endless supply and the water pressure was probably the best I've had at any hotel/motel/inn. The room itself aside from the smell seemed clean. By that I mean, no visible dust, but the rugs were obviously old and stained and the sheets and comforter had holes in them, some repaired, some not. I had no view whatsoever. I didn't hear too much from adjoining rooms, so I guess the rooms are pretty sound proof.
The breakfast was okay with cereals, croissants, danishes, bagels, raisin bread, fruits etc, etc. They definetely kept up with the supply through out the breakfast time which was until 12 - which is impressive compared to other places.
However, the "snacks available 24 hrs" is pretty much just left over danishes etc. from the morning - in my opinion anyway.
The neighborhood is charming - - loved the neighborhood and it was centrally located to everything.
I do have some other issues with the inn, but because I do not have solid proof of these "issues" I can not fairly state them.
I personally will not stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A charming boutique hotel with 48 designer rooms, private baths, Hi speed wireless internet, in-room safes, DirecTV with 8 complimentary movie channels, great artwork, breakfast buffet, fitness center, historic tours from our door, discounted indoor parking nearby, a friendly staff and reasonable and consistent rates from $125.00 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Alexander Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexander Hotel Philadelphia
- Alexander Inn Philadelphia