We stayed at the Alexander Inn for 2 nights on a weekend in May. Location is great, price is right, Inn is fine. Nothing to jump up and down about, but definitely a good value. We were attending a function and weren't looking for luxurious accomodations. Parking is close and the rate is discounted. No trouble getting in or out. Buffet breakfast was included and yes, it is mostly carbs and some of it was stale, but enough selection that you could find something. The server, ?Martin, ?Monty, kept the area well stocked and clean and gave great sightseeing advice to visitors. He took the time to ask guests what type of experience they were looking for and inquired whether they liked what they had seen the next day at breakfast. He really was the nicest thing about the Inn. We didn't use the gym, peeked in, small but clean. WiFi worked fine.
The room was a deluxe queen, probably bigger than average for a boutique hotel. Corner room with big windows, views of the side of a building. Room was clean, except for two really filthy upholstered chairs that neither of us could stand to sit on (and our standards aren't all that high in this price range). Good sized closet. Bathroom was clean, enough space, weird tiny tub that would probably disappoint if you wanted to soak, unless you're less than 4 feet tall. We didn't care. Mattress was clearly old, pillows cheap and flat. But again, good enough in this price range. Looked recently painted, attempts made to be hip, I suppose, but frankly I'd have preferred more comfortable bedding. I did like much of the artwork throughout the Inn. We had no problem with street noise, but we were on an upper level.
The front desk staff were helpful and friendly. I twice saw them making an extra effort with disabled travelers. Great sense of humor, which was nice after a long drive.
Read postings with concerns about this being a gay-friendly establishment. We are straight, we felt welcomed and comfortable. Our school-aged kids weren't with us but we would've had no problem bringing them here. Not an issue unless you make it one.
In hindsight, I could've made more of an effort to find a deal at a nicer place but this was fine. Convenient, clean and good enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A charming boutique hotel with 48 designer rooms, private baths, Hi speed wireless internet, in-room safes, DirecTV with 8 complimentary movie channels, great artwork, breakfast buffet, fitness center, historic tours from our door, discounted indoor parking nearby, a friendly staff and reasonable and consistent rates from $125.00 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your Alexander Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexander Hotel Philadelphia
- Alexander Inn Philadelphia