1,472 results
All reviews boutique hotel bay window continental breakfast hard boiled eggs within walking distance yogurt discounted parking center city single room rooms are small few blocks kimmel center great boutique walked everywhere chain hotels south street nice breakfast
Reviewed November 21, 2006

Great location in the heart of Philly. Very friendly and helpful desk staff. Reasonably priced. Common areas are clean and well appointed. Rooms are clean. Rooms are not large and not frilly, they are just right size with a simple decor, not tiny nor unrefined. I will gladly stay here again.

Stayed: October 2006
2  Thank nychas
Reviewed November 9, 2006

The Alexander Inn is a geat place to stay. The rooms are nicely decorated, have nice linens and towels. The staff is awsome. They are there to help you with anything that you need. The main lobby is very inviting. We felt right at home at the Alexander Inn.

We liked that we were able to walk to most of the sights from the Alexander Inn. Since we live out of PA it was nice to have staff give us maps and suggestions on how to get around the city (for place not walking distance).
We would most definately stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
7  Thank bbravo
Reviewed November 4, 2006

I loved this little gem of a hotel. The manager is knowledgeable, interesting and hysterically funny. I had personal contact with both Dan and Warren who were always quick to look up directions, make a reservation or just make a great suggestion. The room was large with views of the city. Breakfast was lovely in a warm and inviting room adjacent to the lobby. Client service was beyond excellent. The hotel is near everything. I would and will only stay in this hotel in the future. That's how much I enjoyed it.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
8  Thank jugan
Reviewed November 4, 2006

Although we enjoyed aspects of our recent stay at the Alexander Inn, we feel the hotel was let down by a rude, aggressive and hostile employee manning the front desk, in response to my query about a problem I had with the Inn's somewhat confusing parking arrangements. It appears I was charged twice for parking, despite having followed the Inn's instructions, inserting the hotel parking ticket into the lot machine. When I explained what happened, this clerk was immediately unhelpful and downright nasty.

Note to possible future guests using the off site parking lot: do beware that you may be charged twice due to some anomaly between the commercial parking lot's machine and the hotel's policy. The details are not as important as the manner in which I was treated; perhaps there is a logical explanation for the parking let problem, or perhaps there was a technological mistake somewhere along the line. I could've accepted any manner of explanation, and further instructions in how to work out my problem. What I cannot accept is being treated with disrespect. Business travel is hard enough - I expect any difficulties I encounter as a client to be handled with some sort of consideration. Not only was this desk clerk impolite and imperious during our encounter, he proceeded to comment on me disparagingly as I left the hotel, to someone else working behind the desk, which I overheard.

Although there are many good features this hotel may be proud of, I cannot imagine returning to the Alexander Inn after this kind of treatment by one of its front desk staff.

zelouf@michaelbelldesign.com
Ireland

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank misssuji
Reviewed October 23, 2006

I will be in Philly for business quite often. I intend to make this my home base. Great value, outstanding service and wonderful atomosphere.

Stayed: October 2006