We stayed at this hotel for a few days, as my wife was having surgery at Penn Hospital, a few short blocks away. Parking is about 100 yards away & is about $14 a day. Safe parking. We were met by friendly desk help, who were always hospitable, and helpful. The hotel itself is older, however is kept up to date, very clean and decorated tastefully. The rooms are small & quaint, but again, very clean & fresh. Never had that "hinky" feeling you get at some hotels. Maids were friendly & kept on schedule. They were also helpful, if something was needed. In the basement is a small area with gym equipment & two computers for free internet access. Also an ice machine, as no refridgerators exist in the rooms. The free breakfast buffet was ample and loaded with everything from coffee to waffles, eggs,cereal, etc. The location was safe, nice & in a well lit area at night. At no time did we feel uncomfortable. Nights were super quiet & peaceful. If smaller rooms don't bother you, this place is WELL worth the money. Nice toiletries, clean rooms, and an awesome staff who went out of their way to make our stay nice. Needless to stay...we will return here, just to get away somewhere and enjoy the sights of Philadelphia. Thanx guys ! It was a pleasure staying.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A charming boutique hotel with 48 designer rooms, private baths, Hi speed wireless internet, in-room safes, DirecTV with 8 complimentary movie channels, great artwork, breakfast buffet, fitness center, historic tours from our door, discounted indoor parking nearby, a friendly staff and reasonable and consistent rates from $119. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia and Orbitz so you can book your Alexander Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexander Hotel Philadelphia
- Alexander Inn Philadelphia