Even though we live less than an hour from the city, with a January early morning medical appointment in centercity and weather forecasts not good it made sense to spend the night. The Alexander Inn as an alternative to a generic hotel was a very serendipitous find. Our room wasn't spacious but quite comfortable and clean, with a bay window overlooking a typical old Philadelphia street. It was quiet, although surely not so had weather conditions been other otherwise (cold and dismal for us) in the lively neighborhood. The breakfast was more than adequate, served by the cozy lobby area. The quaint European feel is appealing. Prices are fair. Reasonable parking is a short walk away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A charming boutique hotel with 48 designer rooms, private baths, Hi speed wireless internet, in-room safes, DirecTV with 8 complimentary movie channels, great artwork, breakfast buffet, fitness center, historic tours from our door, discounted indoor parking nearby, a friendly staff and reasonable and consistent rates from $125.00 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Alexander Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexander Hotel Philadelphia
- Alexander Inn Philadelphia