the lastest reviews stress the good of this hotel and i agree with each and all of them. so in this review i'll just touch on the reasons you might not want to stay here.
the beds and pillows are quite firm- no i'll just say it-they're hard. too hard for our taste, but fine for a one or two night stay.
the television(flat screen) was too small for the room size. we don't chose hotels based on their TV's and unless others do this won't be a problem.
the elevator is very slow, not really an issue but thought i mention it.
if we we're to spend a week in philly i think i would chose the independence-a boutique hotel just a few blocks away (due to the bedding). but for weekends we'll stay with the alexander.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A charming boutique hotel with 48 designer rooms, private baths, Hi speed wireless internet, in-room safes, DirecTV with 8 complimentary movie channels, great artwork, breakfast buffet, fitness center, historic tours from our door, discounted indoor parking nearby, a friendly staff and reasonable and consistent rates from $125.00 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your Alexander Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexander Hotel Philadelphia
- Alexander Inn Philadelphia