This was my first experience at a "boutique" hotel--I found it quite pleasant, overall. The Front Desk staff were so friendly and so helpful...our room was clean, comfortable and even charming, I suppose with its bay window enhancing the roominess. Because of the gorgeous fall weather, we were able to enjoy the brief walks to nearby restaurants and sites. The Big Theatres are just a couple of blocks away, as well. If you are so inclined to use public transit, subway stations and bus stops are both within easy reach of the hotel. Plan to ride something to the major museums as they are just a bit too far to walk. The breakfasts are continental, but enjoyable. Its definitely country-come-to-town when I get into the middle of an eastern seaboard city, but thankfully I made reservations at the Alexander--the staff helped me find (&, or manage) most anything. Guests were able to park the car a couple of blocks down 12th street from the hotel for their contracted rate of $15 a day. Basically, the car was unnecessary as this hotel is near to just about everything in City Center. I will be a repeat customer--especially when considering the rates are so reasonable compared to other downtown options.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A charming boutique hotel with 48 designer rooms, private baths, Hi speed wireless internet, in-room safes, DirecTV with 8 complimentary movie channels, great artwork, breakfast buffet, fitness center, historic tours from our door, discounted indoor parking nearby, a friendly staff and reasonable and consistent rates from $119. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Alexander Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexander Hotel Philadelphia
- Alexander Inn Philadelphia