“The best hostel we have stayed at in America”

Apple Hostels Philadelphia
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We stayed for 3 nights and had a fantastic time. It has everything the tired traveler craves - from free tea and coffee, to a comfy lounge with movie nights often showing new releases. The layout of the place is great - there are lots of pockets of areas to relax in including large couches, bean bags and bar stools with tables. The kitchen and facilities are great - the rooms are spacious and plenty of bathrooms - never had to wait to use anything. The staff were passionate about providing top quality accommodation and helping us experience the city. Can see why they have won lots of awards over the last few years!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 21, 2014

I stayed at Apple Hostels Philly for 3 nights and I gotta say I enjoyed every single minute here! The staff is super friendly, offers help wherever you might need it, tips to where to go and what's worth visiting in the city, which restaurants are good/cheap...
The activities are cool, too, probably also because they top it with free beer here and there!
On top of all this, it is really clean. The kitchen is probably the cleanest and best stocked kitchen I have ever seen in a Hostel!
They just offer so many things and all with this unparalleled ease and fun in what they are doing!
Simply wonderful and definitely recommendable!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Babs_Green
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I've been staying in hostels since my long gone youth and came away from this hostel feeling it was the best I had visited. Each staff member was extremely friendly and helpful in accommodating needs and giving great suggestions of what to see and do in the city. Very clean, excellent kitchen, brilliant location. I hope I get to visit again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 9, 2014

This hostel was GREAT! it is super clean, the staff is amazing and there is lots to do in the hostel if you happen to catch a snowstorm or rainy day. I was in town for 2 days and really enjoyed my stay here.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Nice staff, very clean and with a cool modern look. The common areas were always very clean, the kitchen has all the supplies you need to cook, even spices (that was really appreciated) and sandwich bags.

The location is very good (we walked everywhere but if you want to use public transport, the subway and buses are really close by). They also have cool activities (such as pub crawls, free pasta diner, ghost tour for $2, movie nights, etc) and free tea and coffee all day.

Things I didn't like:

- You have to go up a really narrow stair (we stayed in the coed room and you have to climb a lot of stairs!)

- The rooms were really hot (even though outside it was not warm). They have AC but when we asked to turn it on they told us that they turn it on after 6 pm (so that was really stupid, because we wanted to take a quick nap to go and explore the city)

-There is a women bathroom inside the coed room, so it was usual to find a guy inside (even though the bathroom was for women)

- The common bathrooms that were upstairs needed some cleaning (they usually clean very often the kitchen and the common areas but in my opinion they didn't take enough care of these bathrooms)

-They turn off the lights with a key at 11 pm (so you cannot manipulate the lights) that was really annoying especially because we were the only guests in our room and they turned off the lights anyway.

The hostel was really good, the details I mentioned bothered me but there are not reasons not to stay here. I would definitively recommend it and I would stay here again if I come back to Philly.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

This is the first time I travel alone so I was a bit scared of what it would be like, and one of my main concerns was the hotel. So I packed extremely light (I only came for the weekend and spent one night) do that I could carry my bag with me at all times and still tour the city in case the hostel turned out to be less than pleasing. But I was wrong. Except for some hair found in the shower and the women's bathroom floor, everything was quite clean. I even sent pictures of the place to one of my neat freak friends. In order to enter the rooms you need to enter a code, so it is reasonably safe. There's always sb at the ftont desk, at least during waking hours. The kitchen is pretty well equipped. There are: large/small bowls, silver ware, plates, spices, pots and pans, appliances, cups, glasses, foil & plastic wraps, paper and plastic bags, etc. In the mornings there is free cereal and milk. Also cofee and tea bags. In the living area, there's a tv, chess board, metegol (sorry!don't know the word in English for it), a wii, computers. Oh, the internet connection is strong and I didn't have trouble once. If there is one thing that brought me trouble, was finding the hotel in the first place! Bank st is only two blocks long and quite far away fron the bus station at 30th st. Ah, I almost forgot about this. There's bar opposite and the music might be loud. I don't know, I didn't happen to hear anything but fyi, there are earplugs. available. I'm sure there are more things to say but I can't remember them. Oh well, I hope this will help you picture what this place is like.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Laura D
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I stayed here over the weekend, in the women's dorm. The hostel is clean, the staff are friendly and helpful. I personally liked that the lights are turned off at 11pm it means you aren't disturbed by others who come in later. The hostel is also close to all the attractions of the historic area of town with plenty of public transport nearby. Definitely staying here again when next in Philadelphia!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends