“Expecting more...”

Cross street: Broad & Chestnut Streets
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Expecting more...”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I love the Ritz Carlton group and often wander into their lounge areas for a cocktail and snacks after a long day. Most recently in Philadelphia, I was disappointed by the time it took to get service.

Madison, Mississippi
“Not bad”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We ate here during restaurant week in Philly. Some colleagues of mine were staying at the Ritz so we met them for dinner. They had a special menu where you could get an appetizer, entree, and dessert at special pricing. This is what we choose. I actually split it with my husband and it was more than enough so both of us. The food was good, service was good, price is ok. If we had bought 2 separate dinners it would have been pricy. There were some cheaper menu options though such as cheesesteaks and hamburgers.

Visited September 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“More ritzy than yummy”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Just had breakfast here for the first time. It was my husband's birthday so I wanted to do something special. From the web-site I was expecting a local, organic food vibe in an open air atmosphere. This was just a hotel cafe off the lobby of the Ritz with little atmosphere and average food.

I will give them credit for having organic eggs but the omelet wasn't anything special and the presentation was lacking. I had the gluten free french toast with strawberries and pecans and again I give them credit for having gluten free options but I could have made better french toast at home. It lacked that thick battered yummy french toast taste that I was expecting. And again, it was just piled on a plate.

For what we got the menu was way overpriced and I feel we ended up paying more for the Ritz than the breakfast. For two entrees and one tea it came to $40. Not much for service either. The staff had very little personality. I had also listed on my reservation that we were celebrating my husband's birthday but no one wished him happy birthday. Disappointing.

Heads up if you drive in: In the morning there is no street parking until after 10 a.m. because of trucks loading and unloading. Expect to pay a minimum of $15 for parking if you are parking in a garage.

• Visited October 2013
Palm Springs, California
“Great small plates, almost”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Good food -- 5 of 6 of our small plates were very good. The risotto was too undercooked. It is not cheap but the service is good. Note to F & B director of the hotel: it is a bit rude to interrupt a conversation to ask if everything is OK. If there is no opening -- let it be, the guest will let you know.

I am staying at the hotel and eat here often so I know it is good 99% of the time, and that people are excellent!!!

• Visited September 2013
Milford, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful food, subtle flavor”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We tried 10 Arts for the first time this weekend for dinner and loved the medium plates (mussels, mushrooms & shrimp tortellini were amazing). For large plates we enjoyed the steak, the chicken piccata and the trout. I was not a fan of the desserts we sampled and would skip on future visits. Great atmosphere in the Ritz rotunda.

Visited August 2013