“A very average experience.”
Review of Butcher & Singer

Butcher & Singer
Reserve with OpenTable
Butcher & Singer is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 4,370 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 15th Street
Transit: Broad Street Line - Walnut Locust Station. Market-Frankford El – 15th Street stop (City Hall)
Singapore, Singapore
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A very average experience.”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Went here with my girlfriend to celebrate a special occasion. The atmosphere of the restaurant was good, and it was relatively quiet when we visited. Unfortunately the steak we ordered was thoroughly very average (porterhouse for 2). The only other steakhouses I have been to are the Palm (in Philadelphia) and Wolfgang's in NYC. Both the Palm and Wolfgang's had much better steak than the one we were served at Butcher and Singer. Our rare steak was nothing special, and perhaps even a bit dry. Would not return again.

Honolulu, Hawaii
“Best Steak”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Best service my husband and I have ever received in the states. Coat checking was easy and they were very courteous. The rolls and butter we received were amazing. I don't know what kind of butter they use, but it is unlike any other we have had before. We got the Delmonico steak, oscar style and it was the best steak we have ever had. The crab meat was also amazing, along with the asparagus. The mashed potatoes we ordered also were amazing.
If we ever visit Philadelphia again, we will have to return to Butcher & Singer. It was the best experience we've had at a restaurant on a nice trip. Very romantic restaurant, and beautiful inside (it's in an old bank building). Beautiful details. I really wish that my home looked like the interior of Butcher & Singer. Maybe one day!

Visited December 2012
phila. pa
“Very good steakhouse”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Butcher and Singer steakhouse is a very nice place to go, particularly if celebrating a special occasion. It is kind of pricey, but the steak (particularly the dry aged steak) is very good. Expect to have to pay for parking at a nearby public parking garage because trying to get a parking space on the street downtown near the restaurant is no easy task.

• Visited May 2012
Wenonah, NJ
“Outstanding”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We visited Butcher & Singer Steak House for a company Christmas dinner. The atmosphere, service and food was superb!! The server was perfect. Not overly annoying, but we had just the right amount of "attention". I had the 8 ounce filet with crabmeat and asparagras. The filet melted in your mouth. Also I had the shrimp and crab "Louie" for an appetizer which was excellent. Calamari which can sometimes seem like fried rubberbands, just melted in your mouth. Everything was pefect. Although this restaurant is what I think as extremely expensive, if you can afford it you've got to go at least once. No other place I have ever visited can compare to this. Valet parking is also available and well worth using it.

Schnecksville, Pennsylvania
“Excellent food, service, and ambiance.”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

My husband and I ate at Butcher and Singer last weekend while in town to see a show. What a wonderful experience all around. Our waitress, Claire, was very attentive and professional, without being pesty. The dry-aged Porterhouse was phenomenal !!! The prices were right for the amount and quality of the food. The restaurant is in a beautifully restored old building that was once a bank and then a brokerage firm, before it became a restaurant. I cannot say enough about how everthing about the evening was exactly right. We are already talking about taking good friends of ours to dinner there in the near future !