“Center City Restaurant”
Review of Pub & Kitchen

Pub & Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Pub & Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #582 of 4,610 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: City Center West
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We had dinner there midweek. It was busy but we were seated quickly. Service was excellent. Good selection of craft beer and wines. Our group had salmon, chicken, steak and burger. Very good, reasonable pricing. Would visit again.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Monday in Philadelphia with many restaurants closed and others hosting private parties only, my wife happened to see their discreet sign of a pig with rabbit ears high up on a side wall. We were not sure it was even a restaurant but found an entrance on the corner. It turned out to be a lively neighborhood pub with exceptionally well coordinated and friendly servers. The special of the night, an English Dinner was top notch. Smoked Haddock appetizer, Roast Pork with Cauliflower gratin, a wonderful Trifle and even a cheese course. Dinner was paired with an imaginative combination of very appropriate craft beer, wine and sparkling cider. Where would you ever get a mixed pairing like that? Very affordable, comfortable and delicious. Wish we lived in Philadelphia so we could go there often.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I was in Philadelphia for a few days and someone in our group did their research to find this little gem. The food was really good and the atmosphere was exactly the casual style we were looking for. We started with the honey and buffalo wings, then had the beet and apple soup (fantastic!), and then I finished with the duck, which was really good. If I am ever back in town, I will certainly be back.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Waitress was alot of fun, very energetic and over the top but in a great way. Went through the specials, beer choices and here favorite. Started with the blood sausage, one of the best ones I have had in a while, buscuit was very almost excessively dry.
Main courses were short ribs and there other special the pork chop. Both were great.
Location is a little small, but moves through people quite well, we got sat after enjoying a beer at the bar, seating is intimate if you dont get a booth. Parking in the area is impossible, and the restaurant is hard to find cause it has no markings.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

First of all, I love the name of this restaurant. My boyfriend & I were visiting Philly this past weekend and his friend took us here for brunch. We sat outside, which was really nice. I loved that the windows were completely open on the restuarant so even though we were outside we still felt like part of the restaurant. We started with drinks (as any good brunch would). I had a really hard time deciding on the drinks b/c they all looked so interesting! My boyfriend & his friend both got the spicy bloody Mary, I got the rye lemonade (can't recall the name), and our other friend got the special - the Lolita. I tried the spicy bloody Mary & it was really good! My drink was good too - I didn't realize that rye was whisky or bourbon (whatever it is), and you could definitely taste that, but it was still really tasty to me. The food was all very interesting looking as well. My boyfriend ordered the sausage, fried egg, onion sandwich and said it was really good. It was kind of a unique take on the sausage & egg breakfast sami and he really enjoyed it. Our one friend got the crabcakes egg benedict, which she really liked. I got one of the specials, which was a gruyere & chive omelette with arugula side salad, and an order of the hashbrowns. The omlette was so good, and the arugula salad was perfection. The dressing on it was sooo good! The home fires were really tasty as well. The only let-down of the meal was our other friend's dish. He ordered the hash and it was such a small protion. The rest of our dishes were so generous, more than enough to eat, and his was so tiny! It was really strange. Usually when you think of hash you think of something really hearty. This was downright dainty. He was not happy and not full at the end. Other than that, everything was really great. If I lived in Philly, I'd be making that my weekly brunch spot!