“I don't know what addictive substance is in the salsa verde, but YUM!!!”

Cantina Dos Segundos
Ranked #888 of 4,405 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Salt Lake City, Utah
“I don't know what addictive substance is in the salsa verde, but YUM!!!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have been here several times, as well as to Dos Segundo's sister restaurant, Cantina, in South Philly.

The fresh homemade salsa verde is so good it brings tears to my eyes. I am from the west and so I have craved good mexican food since I moved to Philly several years ago, and this place really hits the spot.

I always get the verduras tacos (grilled vegetable) but the menu offers a lot for the meat eater (goat, anyone?)Their margaritas are really well mixed and come in several flavors and are made with real juice.

My one major complaint with this place, and I'm usually willing to put up with this for the food, is the LOUD, LOUD, LOUD!!! music they always seem to have blasting. I would recommend sitting at one of their few tables outside to avoid this ear assault and be able to chat with the person(s) you are with.

• Visited October 2012

Bryn Mawr, PA
“Wonderful Food, Fun Location”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I'm a native Los Angelino (that means I'm from LA) and have eaten lots of authentic Mexican food and also plenty of soggy, bland, Tex-Mex. And, yes, I've been to Mexico. This place is the real deal, with authentic Mexican spices and cheeses. Chips are crisp and salsa is spicy - not the usual chain-restaurant style. My quesadilla was very good and the mole sauce on the chicken was outrageous. Gucamole was fresh and delicious. Cantina Dos Segundos is definitely worth a visit.

• Visited January 2013
“Authentic and creative, and Veg friendly!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I've been eating here for years and bringing friends who have become converts. I love the guacamole, it's beautifully presented. I also like the seitan fajitas. This place is great for veg/vegan eaters. And they know how to make a real top shelf margarita. Make mine with Azul tequilla.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Slapyak
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Best Chilequiles in Philly!”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Dos Segundos is my favorite bar in Philadelphia! The Margaritas are perfection, and the Chilequiles are savory and bountiful. The nachos are outstanding and i highly recommend the Tinga Poblana De Cerdo. The bar has a great laid back vibe and prime outdoor seating on sunny days where i like to sit and eat sunday brunch with my husband and dog.

• Visited March 2012
Paris, France
“average Mexican food with good margaritas”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

The food served at this restaurant is more Tex-Mex than authentic Mexican cuisine. We went for an early dinner a few weeks ago. There is outdoor and indoor seating. The interior is decorated in cheerful colours and the music is blarring.

They start you off with nachos served with red and green salsa. We ordered the fried plantain and calamari for starters. We had burrito and fajita plates for our mains. They have a good selection of sides: guacamole, refried beans, etc. The portions were huge and we had enough to take home.

The margaritas are quite good.

The bill for 3 people came to about $110 with drinks, tax and tip.

Service was pretty good until we got our bill. We paid in cash and our waitress short changed us by $10.56. She apologised when we informed her but, strangely, she short changed us again by rounding up and just giving us $10 but no coins(?!). We left a 20% tip anyway because the service overall was good and she did (kind of) resolve the problem but you should really check your change if you pay by cash.

• Visited August 2012