“Nice hotel and great price.”

Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center
Ranked #65 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Located across the street from the Convention Center. Near Chinatown. Walking distance from the Old City on one side, and from the Art Area on the other side which was ideal for us.
Rate was pretty cheap and rooms were clean and nice. Especially the shower that was huge.
Downside? Hotel is located in a poor area and we didn't feel secure walking around at night.
Cooling system was noisy. But we would go there again if we go back to Philadelphia.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Marielle E
Timothy P, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Thank you for the review. We happy that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

First time staying in Philadelphia so had no clue where to stay. My only consideration was that it needed to be close to Drexel University for college orientation. We arrived a day early so that we could tour the city a bit. This hotel worked very well for that and the college visit. We were able to walk all over and tour the downtown area..so many sights within walking distance. The one thing that we really loved close by to this hotel was Reading Terminal Market...so many food/bakery/deli/meat vendors..just incredible..a must see in Phillie. As for the hotel itself, i have not a single complaint. The staff was very friendly and quick. Concierge very helpful with touring ideas. The room was clean and roomy. The bed/pillows were extremely comfortable..actually one of the best I've had in a hotel in quite awhile. Definitely will use hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Timothy P, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Thank you for your kind review, we appreciate your business and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay while touring Drexel. If you choose them I imagine you'll be coming a few times a year to vist and if you do call us directly and ask for the Drexel Rate.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Even though this was not one of the official hotels for a recent conference, we stumbled upon this hotel when buying a package deal. We could not have been more pleased with our stay. The room would have been an HGTV project. We enjoyed the closeness to the conference center, the bus stops, and the Reading Market. The hotel offered early evening specials both for drinks and food. We were so impressed with the food that we ate there twice. Needless to say the staff was very friendly, helpful, and attentive to our needs. Both local and tour buses picked up within two blocks of the hotel. This made it very easy to sight see around the city. We would look forward to staying here again.

Room Tip: I don't know of a bad room. The rooms were recently updated and the décor is outstanding. We w...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank DEBROIA

So glad that you stumbled upon us and we able to exceed your expectations. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again when your back in town. Check out our website as well for great savings on packages. These change often so keep an eye out.

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Easy to find and well located the hotel is clean and spacious. Large shower and excellent facilities, parking is between $28 and $38 depending on the flexibility you want. Suggest once you get there you walk places as driving is hard work and slow. I was most impressed by Kyle on reception who couldn't do enough to be helpful. Very impresssed.

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for the great review, we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I am looking forward to sharing your kinds with Kyle. He is an asset to our team.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

I booked the hotel at the very last moment, and did not get the complimentary breakfast. It is a nice property and the staffs are quite professional. The room was a bit small, but well organized. The location of the hotel is very good close to city center, the Grey Hound Bus stand is nearby.

However, I enjoyed my stay at the hotel except the breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Timothy P, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Thank you very much for taking time to fill out the review. I'm glad that you liked our hotel and services. We have different breakfast package options that may fit for your requirement next time.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Have to confess that driving up to our hotel late at night was a bit of a shock; as it's next to the convention center we saw a number of vagrants wandering around or sleeping on the street. Not a great first impression but not something I can fault the hotel. Plus they were gone in the morning. Parked in the lot directly facing the lobby, which turned out to be a pretty good deal if you plan on just leaving your vehicle and walk or use transit.

The room was a good size with a small foyer with a pub mirror for hanging things and a bench for putting down luggage. Good sized double beds, desk with tv, chair, and closet. All in all cozy and reasonable. Also, on our floor each day they restock a platter of fresh red apples, so grab a few before your trek each morning.

The bar wasn't bad and with a "two-for-one" deal we received on check in, it was nice to unwind with a few beers after a day in the sun.

Didn't dine at the hotel; there's no need. You're two blocks from Chinatown and about three blocks to Reading Terminal Market. There: dining options solved.

The staff was very friendly and attentive though our room was not made up after our first night and when I requested some clean towels, a note was made but never followed up on. I'm not too picky about that but your mileage may vary. Speaking of miles, we were running late to meet friends at a museum about 15 minutes from the hotel on foot. We asked if they could call us a cab and they happily obliged; after 10 minutes though, no cab. A staff member went outside to try and flag one down as she knew we were running late but no luck and we had to walk. Can't fault them for trying but I'd hope a cab would show up when a hotel calls.

The immediate surrounding area can be a little dicey but if you're the kind of tourist who likes to explore and wear out your walking shoes this is a very good option. Families with younger children may opt to stay somewhere else; our 10 year old had no problems.

Room Tip: We were able to see the parking lot from the 8th floor where we stayed; helped to keep tabs each mor...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us valuable feedback. I am glad that you are satisfied with our staff and sorry that you couldn't catch a cab on time for your Museum trip. I would suggest next time to call ahead of time during peak hours and Front Desk staff would be more than happy to schedule a taxi for you on time.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I arrived on Friday afternoon. The gentleman at the front desk was very nice. He explained a lot of things to me, but I didn't pay too much attention since I was about to pass out from heat stroke. I went up to my room, where the only thing I noticed and cared about was the AC. Lol. After a few minutes, I realized how lovely the room was! Unlike most hotels, there is a roomy hallway entrance as you enter, with gorgeous hardwood floors. There is a large dress/closet you can hang you clothes in, a coffee maker, etc. The room itself was a bit small, but not a big deal. I had a room with double beds (I was the only person), so I just used the other bed to throw stuff on. Nice television, with your typical hotel cable channels. The room was pretty clean; however, on the second bed I did notice a few very small stains on the comforter (I'm sure it was washed, probably something that just permanently stained). But my bed was spotless; sheets, pillowcases, comforter all clean. The bed itself is very soft; I usually prefer a firm bed, but I slept REALLY well and comfortably.

The bathroom was nice and roomy and very clean. One thing I noticed about this hotel is that they are very 'green' (which gets major kudos from me). Instead of the usual toiletries, such as shampoo, conditioner, body was/soap, in the shower they actually have 'pumps' that contain each thing. You pump it into your hand or washcloth, and there you go. I liked that concept.

They have free WIFI, which was great.

As for the staff in general, everyone I encountered was very helpful, welcoming, and friendly. Particularly, the woman from housekeeping, who helped me out with something when she really didn't have to. I left this morning, check out was a breeze. The woman at the front desk asked me if I enjoyed my stay, asked if I needed a cab, etc.

The only thing about the hotel I wasn't a fan of was the location; granted it's literally across the street from the Convention Center and a block from Reading Terminal Market, but the area is kind of desolate and had some questionable looking people around. But, just keep alert, maybe have some pepper spray just in case, and you're good to go. The hotel is pretty secure, and you can only use the elevators with your key card (tip: put in key card when doors are still open. A lot of people got a bit confused when first getting on, including myself. Hahaha). By the time I left, I was a pro.

To wrap things up, I would definitely book a room here again. The location, though a bit sketchy, is really good (and there's a bus right outside the door).
Keep up the good work, Four Point staff!

Room Tip: I guess try to get a room that's not in front of the elevators or the ice machine? I lucked out...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Timothy P, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Thank you for the great review, we appreciat eit and your business. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.