“Good for a bargain”

Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center
Ranked #65 of 89 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Booked very inexpensively on Hotwire and got what I expected. The property was clean and the staff very helpful. Outdoor self-parking was available directly across the street for $28.00 nightly which I felt was fair. Good bed and cable TV so all in all, what more do you want for a bargain price. One note to Housekeeping: Keep the fragrant cleaning products to a minimum, as a lot of the public spaces and especially my room literally reeked of a "lemony" type aroma that actually clung to the bed linens and transferred to my wife's hair.

Room Tip: Make sure you are away from the elevators and Ice machines.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Timothy P, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Thank you for the review. I will look into how the team is using the new lemon air freshener.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

We got this hotel for a great rate on Hotwire while we continued our tour of MLB Ballparks. Very easy to get to using Public Transit. The Staff were extremely helpful in recommending places for us to go visit, and came right up to change the bedding and pillows (allergies to feathers/down). The room was a great size, we got a corner room so lots of windows but the downfall I suppose was the street noise. The hotel is located within one block of the Reading Terminal Market. Around the corner from the hotel on Race Street is a men's homeless shelter, and we were advised not to walk down the street that way after 10pm..the area is a little sketchy. Good security within the hotel, you need your room card to access the elevators and little signs in the room recommend you use the deadbolt and security lock.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Timothy P, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am delighted to know that you enoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

The hotel overall was nice and clean. It's right by Chinatown and a few blocks away from everything else Downtown. Good location and friendly staff. They have free coffee and tea in the morning and cookies late afternoon. They also have free wireless internet, but it was very choppy and would often disconnect or sometimes not even show up - could have been the location of my room (703). Another thing, was the water pressure pressure was odd. It would change and having the faucet turned on for hot water was impossible as the stream would be so strong that the water would splash everywhere, but the shower was good. Another thing, there were only three tiny hooks in the bathroom for towels and the were next to the toilet - very unsanitary. It would've been nicer to have the hooks larger and elsewhere. The room has carpet in the sleeping area and hardwood in the hallway - which wasn't swept. There was dirt and even pieces of glass around the corner by the window. Didn't feel like mentioning that to management since I didn't want to have people in my room. It does match the three star rating I enjoyed my stay overall. I got a great deal through Hotwire so I can't complain. However if I paid the full price for the room, I would have been a somewhat unsatisfied. Yes, I would recommend this hotel, but they need to work out the little things.
** There is NO FREE PARKING. It costs about $30 for 24 hours on almost any lot and street/meter parking isn't allowed.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Timothy P, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Thank you for the review. I am sorry that there were a few issues found with cleanliness. This is not typical for our hotel. I encourage you to inform the front desk of any hotel that you stay in when you encounter an issue. We are all in the hospitality business and want you have an awesome experience while away from home.

Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

this was our second time staying at the hotel as always it was clean the staff was very friendly its in a very safe neighborhood a police station is a block away it's perfectly located right next to Chinatown a block from the Reading Terminal Market and you don't have to wait long for a caband you can't beat the price its very reasonable which is why we will always stay at this hotel when in Philadelphia if you become an SPG member which only takes a few minutes online you got a room with a mini fridge and a 32 inch flat screen.this hotel is awesome I can't say enough nice things about it

• Stayed: June 2013

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the great review. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again soon I hope.

Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

I bid for this hotel and got a really great rate for a Friday night. Was in town for a concert at the Wells Fargo center so parked the car and took the subway. Parking was expensive at $32 for in and out privileges for 24 hours. My friend stayed at the sheraton and her parking (in a better neighborhood) was only $20. Maybe I shouldve parked at her hotel instead.

The room was very small, but clean and modern looking. The bathroom is a good size and only had a shower. The body wash, shampoo, and conditioner were in dispensers.

We didn't eat breakfast at the hotel but they do offer buy one get one half off and the prices looked reasonable.

All in all, a good stay for one night especially with the great rate. Not too far from market/south street/penns landing and walking distance to reading terminal market and the convention center.

• Stayed: June 2013

Thank you for the great review, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

My room was of a very nice modern design where a built-in along one wall took care of closet storage, drawers, TV, desk etc. So the room is a bit smaller than average but you aren't bothered by it. The bed was comfortable and the pillows were good.

I would have given the hotel an "excellent" but for the following:

1. The carpet was a bit dirty. Personally, it's not a color I would choose for a hotel since it's guaranteed to show every speck of dirt; I think that is the problem.

2. The bathroom is very nicely designed with a double sized shower stall instead of a tub. However, the shower was quite slippery. There is a grab bar but it is in an inconvenient location; to reach it you will move out of the main stream of the shower.

3. My room was directly opposite the elevator (yeah, I know, that's my punishment for booking through an opaque site) and the "ding" as the elevator moved was noticeable in the room. It was not loud enough to keep me up, but the odd thing was that it was really incessant, even late at night. I am pretty sure it was dinging even when the elevator just passed by my floor, not only when it stopped there.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Timothy P, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Thank you for the review, feedback is always appreciated. I will ask the elevator company if there is way to lower the volume on the elevator floor identifier, to be ADA compliant it does need to beep on the car itself to allow those that have a vision impairment to count each floor so they know when it is their stop. Great feedback very appreciated.

Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

This is my first stay here. My company chose his hotel for me. It is okay. My bed certainly was comfortable. The room was a little tired; i.e. dented and dinged. My room wasn't cleaned very well, but the manager seemed to care very much when I pointed this out, which was reassuring.
There is not much to say. If you get a good price, his hotel will work. Nothing great stands out about the decor or location. The staff was nice. If you are looking for charm or swank; look elsewhere.

1  Thank Peggy303
Timothy P, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Thank you for the review, I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. Next time your in the hotel look me up so we can chat.