“Meh. It works as hotels go”

Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center
Ranked #65 of 89 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

This is my first stay here. My company chose his hotel for me. It is okay. My bed certainly was comfortable. The room was a little tired; i.e. dented and dinged. My room wasn't cleaned very well, but the manager seemed to care very much when I pointed this out, which was reassuring.
There is not much to say. If you get a good price, his hotel will work. Nothing great stands out about the decor or location. The staff was nice. If you are looking for charm or swank; look elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Peggy303
Timothy P, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Thank you for the review, I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. Next time your in the hotel look me up so we can chat.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Wrote them direct and told them how great I thought they did. They recommended places to eat, all of which were great and helped us with a taxi to the airport when it was done.

The rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable and the staff was great. A special shout out to Rhonda Jones, who made our stay great. Well done, all!

Also, they are within walking distance of the wonderful Reading Market which was the bomb!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and the local area. Thank you for sharing your experience with all and for the shout out for Rhonda. The staff loves to see their name in the stars and to anything and everthing to ensure your satisfaction.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Hotel is within walking distance to a lot of great sites. Staff extremely helpful and friendly. Rate was excellent for the location. Gets a bit sketchy in the area at night, but we didn't have any problems. Minutes from Reading Terminal Market, and about a 15 min walk to just about everything else. bedding was very comfortable, and the room was clean.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Timothy P, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Thank for the review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Newer hotel close to the convention center. As a Platinum member with Starwood, I have stayed at all of their brands and this property is a good bargain. The hotel is clean, decently priced, and easy walk to the City Hall area of Philly. Two complaints. Coffee is complimentary but is not ready until 7 am. I am an early riser so this is inconvenient. I also was placed in a corner room by the Race street and 12th street and it was fairly noisy. Overall, this is a good choice.

Room Tip: Pick a higher floor to get away from the traffic noise.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Timothy P, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Thank you for the review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We arrived after an exhausting traveling day and the staff made us feel very at home. The check in was fast and the room was great for a city hotel. The bathroom was clean and spacious. The hotel is very secure, always someone at the front desk and you have to use your keycard to use the elevator. In the morning there is complimentary coffee and tea in the lobby, but you can also prepare coffee or tea in your room. In the afternoon we were greeted with home made cookies. We didn't have breakfast there as the Reading Terminal market is on walking distance and you can have a great breakfast there. The hotel is located on walking distance from the city center and from some major attractions. But the best thing was the very friendly staff. They all helped us very friendly with any questions we had and pointed out some really nice things to see or do. I would definatley recommend this hotel for a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: The airconditioner made a lot of noise and you could not open a window to get fresh air in.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jose T

Thank you for taking the time to let others know that they can trust us. We appreciate your feedback and your business.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Spent one night at the 4 Points Sheraton last Saturday (6/1/2013) for Philadelphia Comic Con... It was right across the street from the convention center, which was the main reason I picked this hotel.

Since its not a lot, let me first tell you about the bad:
PARKING! Because of its prime location in a major city, I knew it was going to be bad... But there was road construction at a key intersection which made it very difficult to get to the closest hotel parking lot... So, we ended up finding parking 4 blocks away and carrying our wheeled luggage and convention stuff thru the streets... Not fun... We checked out on Sunday and the construction was done, so we were able to drive up to the front door and get the luggage from the hotel to the car easily.

Also, it was a HOT weekend 90 degree plus, and when we went to the dining room on Sunday morning for breakfast, the a/c was off and we couldn't tolerate the heat and grabbed something local...

There was also an issue with checking-in early since it was a sold-out weekend, but the hotel check-in desk really pushed to get us in as soon as a room was available... Not really a bad since the hotel did their best to accommodate us, but its a good segue to the good parts of the hotel... :)

The Good...
The hotel staff was great - Between getting us into the room as early as possible, to helping us find best routes around the city, to watching our stuff after we checked out... No complaints there at all

But the best thing about the hotel was the rooms... As you can see from the pix, the room was really nice... We had a great view of Philadelphia, the bed was comfy, the amenities were great, and the bathroom had a glass walled shower stall that looked great... Only issue was that the king size bed made the room a little small to walk around in, but it made up for it in comfort...

A quick tip if you are a light sleeper - Make sure the a/c is on manual... I woke up twice during the night when the eco-saver turned the a/c off and back on...Its not super loud, but the switch from noise to silence (and vice versa later) was jarring... Once it was on manual, it was consistent sound and the rest of the night was fine...

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better the view...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for the detailed review and for sharing it with others we appreciate it. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

My company had a last-minute need for a team to stay in Philadelphia. I booked four rooms at the Four Points for an unbelievably low rate. The price made me happy, but my coworkers were miserable.

The hotel is adjacent to the convention center, seemingly on the fringe of the downtown area. I would have been a bit nervous walking around alone at night, but we did fine as a group.

There were a colorful set of characters staying in the hotel as well. Because we could hear everything that was going on in adjacent rooms, I know that one of my colleagues was next to a young couple who alternated between arguments and passion. I had two men watching basketball on one side and a family across the hall. My coworker was on the other side, and I could tell every time she used the sink or flushed the toilet. It felt like we were all separated by single sheets of plywood.

It gets worse. My room was not entirely clean. There was some sort of splatter pattern on the phone (makeup, I would guess) and hair in the bathroom. I found a hole in the bed sheet. There was also a cigarette burn in the curtains -- and behind that, windows that did not open.

The restaurant was closed, but there was no indication of this on their outgoing message, so I kept calling back in trying to order room service.

Of course we survived, but it wasn't pleasant. If you need something cheap and can tolerate the drama going on next door, be their guest. Otherwise, I'd recommend paying a bit more for some peace and quiet.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank gridskipper
Timothy P, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry that your experieince was not what you had expected it to be. If you scroll through previous reviews from other guests, your stay was not typical for our hotel, the majority of our guests find the hotel to be in great shape with exceptional service. We are Human and do make mistakes from time to time but we encourage all guests to speak with us during your stay to allow us the opportunity to correct and address any concerns to ensure your satisfaction.