“Good choice for a bargain”

Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center
Ranked #65 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Newer hotel close to the convention center. As a Platinum member with Starwood, I have stayed at all of their brands and this property is a good bargain. The hotel is clean, decently priced, and easy walk to the City Hall area of Philly. Two complaints. Coffee is complimentary but is not ready until 7 am. I am an early riser so this is inconvenient. I also was placed in a corner room by the Race street and 12th street and it was fairly noisy. Overall, this is a good choice.

Room Tip: Pick a higher floor to get away from the traffic noise.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Timothy P, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Thank you for the review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We arrived after an exhausting traveling day and the staff made us feel very at home. The check in was fast and the room was great for a city hotel. The bathroom was clean and spacious. The hotel is very secure, always someone at the front desk and you have to use your keycard to use the elevator. In the morning there is complimentary coffee and tea in the lobby, but you can also prepare coffee or tea in your room. In the afternoon we were greeted with home made cookies. We didn't have breakfast there as the Reading Terminal market is on walking distance and you can have a great breakfast there. The hotel is located on walking distance from the city center and from some major attractions. But the best thing was the very friendly staff. They all helped us very friendly with any questions we had and pointed out some really nice things to see or do. I would definatley recommend this hotel for a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: The airconditioner made a lot of noise and you could not open a window to get fresh air in.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jose T

Thank you for taking the time to let others know that they can trust us. We appreciate your feedback and your business.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Spent one night at the 4 Points Sheraton last Saturday (6/1/2013) for Philadelphia Comic Con... It was right across the street from the convention center, which was the main reason I picked this hotel.

Since its not a lot, let me first tell you about the bad:
PARKING! Because of its prime location in a major city, I knew it was going to be bad... But there was road construction at a key intersection which made it very difficult to get to the closest hotel parking lot... So, we ended up finding parking 4 blocks away and carrying our wheeled luggage and convention stuff thru the streets... Not fun... We checked out on Sunday and the construction was done, so we were able to drive up to the front door and get the luggage from the hotel to the car easily.

Also, it was a HOT weekend 90 degree plus, and when we went to the dining room on Sunday morning for breakfast, the a/c was off and we couldn't tolerate the heat and grabbed something local...

There was also an issue with checking-in early since it was a sold-out weekend, but the hotel check-in desk really pushed to get us in as soon as a room was available... Not really a bad since the hotel did their best to accommodate us, but its a good segue to the good parts of the hotel... :)

The Good...
The hotel staff was great - Between getting us into the room as early as possible, to helping us find best routes around the city, to watching our stuff after we checked out... No complaints there at all

But the best thing about the hotel was the rooms... As you can see from the pix, the room was really nice... We had a great view of Philadelphia, the bed was comfy, the amenities were great, and the bathroom had a glass walled shower stall that looked great... Only issue was that the king size bed made the room a little small to walk around in, but it made up for it in comfort...

A quick tip if you are a light sleeper - Make sure the a/c is on manual... I woke up twice during the night when the eco-saver turned the a/c off and back on...Its not super loud, but the switch from noise to silence (and vice versa later) was jarring... Once it was on manual, it was consistent sound and the rest of the night was fine...

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better the view...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for the detailed review and for sharing it with others we appreciate it. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

My company had a last-minute need for a team to stay in Philadelphia. I booked four rooms at the Four Points for an unbelievably low rate. The price made me happy, but my coworkers were miserable.

The hotel is adjacent to the convention center, seemingly on the fringe of the downtown area. I would have been a bit nervous walking around alone at night, but we did fine as a group.

There were a colorful set of characters staying in the hotel as well. Because we could hear everything that was going on in adjacent rooms, I know that one of my colleagues was next to a young couple who alternated between arguments and passion. I had two men watching basketball on one side and a family across the hall. My coworker was on the other side, and I could tell every time she used the sink or flushed the toilet. It felt like we were all separated by single sheets of plywood.

It gets worse. My room was not entirely clean. There was some sort of splatter pattern on the phone (makeup, I would guess) and hair in the bathroom. I found a hole in the bed sheet. There was also a cigarette burn in the curtains -- and behind that, windows that did not open.

The restaurant was closed, but there was no indication of this on their outgoing message, so I kept calling back in trying to order room service.

Of course we survived, but it wasn't pleasant. If you need something cheap and can tolerate the drama going on next door, be their guest. Otherwise, I'd recommend paying a bit more for some peace and quiet.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank gridskipper
Timothy P, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry that your experieince was not what you had expected it to be. If you scroll through previous reviews from other guests, your stay was not typical for our hotel, the majority of our guests find the hotel to be in great shape with exceptional service. We are Human and do make mistakes from time to time but we encourage all guests to speak with us during your stay to allow us the opportunity to correct and address any concerns to ensure your satisfaction.

Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

First we had to pay for $64 parking that we were not alerted about from any information on the website, or when we called to asked about parking. They said that they started using third party parking two months ago. We reserved our hotel five months ago. No information whatsoever.

Second, we were not able to check in on time because our room was not ready. This made us late for the event that we were headed to.

We were initially offered complimentary drinks for two for the delay, and was told by the front desk clerk that it would be for 2 of us and not for the other two guest we were with. I went back down to the front desk and requested that all of the people in our party should get free drinks because we are all paying for the room.

As soon as we checked in I informed the front desk of our addition guest. Even though we did that we were still short on towels. I had to call down to the front desk 3 times to get towels delivered.

There was free water. Oh, wait, there was supposed to be free water, but there was only one 12 oz bottle to share for the four of us. Later we asked for four waters...they gave us three :(

After taking the first shower we ran out of shower gel and shampoo. Due to my wife being in the bathroom, I asked that housekeeping not come onto the room. They had no bottles to give so the desk gave us paper cups of body wash and shampoo to supplement us.

Technology has been a fluke...Internet has been spotty, kicking us off periodically. Also, two of our hotel keys stopped working.

The gym was good though. At least the beds were bareable for a couple of us. Maybe that was a comment that was too half full...

Timothy P, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

I am shocked to hear of all these issues, they are not typical for our hotel. I am very sorry that we failed to meet your expectations, in the future no matter what hotel your staying in, please ask to speak to a Manager if the staff is unable to satisfy you. We always want the best for our guests (thats right) guests not customers. If we make mistakes we will always either correct them or reduce your bill for an inconvienience. The off site parking is explained well on three places on our website, I am sorry that you were unable to locate the info, overall the cost is on average $10 less than any neighboring hotels. Please contact me so we can make it right.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

We were able to book a great deal at this cozy hotel on Hotwire.com. We were not disappointed by the friendly and helpful staff. There were wonderful when it came to giving directions and even helping swipe the elevator badge when I had my hands full of their free breakfast coffee. In the evening we were surprised by fresh warm cookies in the lobby. The room was small but very clean and well decorated. The bathroom and shower were spacious with soap, shampoo, and conditioner dispensers inside. The bed was very comfortable and the free Wi-Fi was fantastic. Overall this was a great place to stay. The only downfall was that the hotel does not have it's own parking and we had park in the city lot across the street for $28/24 hrs.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for the great review, we appreciate it and your business. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

The front desk staff was excellent. Very friendly, helpful, and appreciative. The lobby is small but works well. Challenging to find a trash receptacle other than the recycle bins. Ended up the desk staff took the rubbish and put in a can behind wall. The room was nice with a large TV and desk area. Bathroom had a shower (no tub and that was fine). Only complaint was that there was no soap in the liquid dispenser in shower. Parking across the street seemed safe but a little expensive at $32.00 for 24 hour with in and out privileges. We were aggressively approached by street person begging in the lot. Good location for center city for value. Near Reading Terminal for those that like fresh markets. I would stay again.

Room Tip: Don't expect much of a view
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Timothy P, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. We appreciate it and your business and hope to see you again soon.