Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center
Ranked #62 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
Prague, Czech Republic
“Great value”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Four Points was a nice stay, perfect location in the center, staff very helpful. Rooms were clean, but not very spacious, everything worked well. Valet parking was quite costly though, better to park it public...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Maiklcz2
Timothy P, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel with others. The valet service is 3rd party managed, however I must point out that they do offer great discounts to our guests $24 per night inclusive of tax, the average rate to park in the center city area is about $35 for a 24 hour period.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Rochester
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This hotel is great for the price. Very comfortable, decent rooms and quiet. The staff is the best that Philadelphia has to offer. I have stayed in many Philly hotels, and this is the best as far as the staff. Parking was reasonable for downtown Philly. Close to the Reading Market and subways. Overall, I give it a B+

Room Tip: I stayed on the 9th floor and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank dpl0028
Timothy P, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am glad that we left an impression on you of what service should be. We appreciate your feedback and the opportunity to be "Our Guest".
Rancho Santa Margarita, California
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was at the Sheraton Four Points because of a conference I was attending. My daughter had left her backpack in the cab we took from the airport to the hotel. The hotel manager, Ya Yang, went above and beyond to help us locate the cab company and eventually get the lap top back. This allowed us to enjoy our trip instead of stressing over our loss. The support staff, Rhonda and Marta, were absolutely wonderful. Any thing we needed, they took care of it. This is such a warm and welcoming place that we will most definitely stay at this hotel again should we find ourselves in Philly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
I am glad that Ya was able to track down the cab company for you and proud of the cab company for properly tracking and holding lost and found items (this is the City of Brotherly Love)! Thank you for recognizing my team they love to see their name in lights and we celebrate each and every one together.
Atlanta
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed at this Four Points for a wedding on Valentine's day and had very pleasant experience with the staff and appreciated the cleanliness of the accommodations. While the rooms are a bit tight, they are well appointed and modern. The hotel staff were all very helpful, accommodating and professional. With the exception of having a little trouble with the heating system and having to wait for your valeted car for 20 min or so, they have done a fine job with this property. The rate was affordable and the location couldn't have been more convenient to popular destinations like the Convention Center and the Reading Terminal. I would definitely recommend this hotel and stay here again in the future!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to let others know of your experience we appreciate it. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Friend us on Facebook to see upcoming events and special memeber discounts.
Reviewed February 24, 2013

This hotel was top of the lune for me. I was able to get a good rate $20 more a night compared to the travelodge. Love that there is a restaurant and bar in the hotel. Computers are available in the lobby. I will stay here again if I can get the same rate.

• Stayed February 2013
Timothy P, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others.
Texas
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I usually stay at this Four Points every month on business. But after my latest stay in Feb 2013 - I will no longer be returning to this location.
My gripe is with the contracted valet service they employ with a local garage. During my last stay, there was some confusion or miscommunication regarding my plans between the front desk and the valet service - which resulted in the valet having to make 2-3 trips from garage and back.
I was astonished to say the least when my car was returned with a deep scratch and obvious crack spanning the entire windshield. When I confronted the valet, first he denied having noticed the obvious huge scratch in the driver's view of the car he just pulled up. Then he recanted and admitted it spontaneously occurred while he was initially parking my car, although he didn't have a reason for why I wasn't notified when it happened.
As if I wouldn't notice the windshield length curvilinear damage in the drivers vantage point which wasn't there 45min ago!
Furthermore, he then tried to tell me this obvious damage to my car was due to the recent snow storm. I felt like he was insulting my intelligence: especially since I just dropped off my car 45 min ago and the day was warming up + I have lived in the northeast for over 20 years and weather does not cause this type of damage. Plus no actual precipitation fell on my car since it is 100% garaged. It looked like he smashed my key into the windshield and tried to scratch it.
To make matters worse, when I insisted on speaking to his manager: he tried to talk me out of speaking to his manager. Then the manager himself attempted to dissuade me from making an incident report. Instead, he told me to just tell the rental car and insurance company it happened when I was driving it.
I think its pretty obvious the reason I was contacting the manager was that I didn't want to pay for external damage to a vehicle I trusted them with and paid for.

It ruined the rest of my day because I had to deal with the valet service filling out paperwork, calling my insurance company, dealing with the rental car company, and driving to the rental location swapping it out for another car. It also left me very aggravated and upset. I also felt insulted by the way I was treated.

Guests expect rest and a relaxing atmosphere, both of which were taken from me that day.

Do not trust your car with this valet service.

The hotel, on the other hand, is otherwise very good. Rooms are clean and quiet. The beds offer a comfortable rest. The shades effectively block out the sunlight, if needed. The hotel provides free hot coffee in the mornings, warm freshly baked cookies in the evening, and free fruit during the day. The front desk staff is very professional and courteous, I always felt welcome every time I walked in or spoke with them. There is also a fitness center which has an elliptical, treadmill, and free weights. The hotel also offers free WiFi, which is always a plus.

The only real down side the valet service - at $25/night and on average 30-45min per call, its not worth it for guests with cars.

Unfortunately, due to the unprofessional contracted valet service and resultant aggravation, I will not be staying here again. I just dont trust them with my car.
They also lost my confidence in their ability to maintain a relaxed and restful atmosphere. I dont believe in returning to a place where the VALET can hassle and insult the intelligence of guests.
They have lost a monthly business guest; I will not be giving my business to them again.

Room Tip: "Avoid the valet. Not only do they charge $25/night and take 45min to deliver your car, but als...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
I am sorry to hear of your trouble with our 3rd party valet service. Please let me know if you need any help in resolving your concerns with them. We are here to help. We have a great relation with them and we have found them to be caring and responsive.
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed February 22, 2013

My husband and I with friends stayed at the Sheraton last weekend to attend the Buyers Market at the Convention Center. What a sweet surprise to find great staff, a good room with a European flair and services. Was an easy one block walk to the Convention Center and Reading Terminal Market and Chinatown. If staying, don't miss the Market or the Vietnam restaurant two blocks from the Sheraton.

The rooms are clean, updated and the location is great. I give it 5 stars and hope to stay there again next year.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 8th floor with a king size bed and a shower that would hold a family. Great place.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Timothy P, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Thank you for sharing we are glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit.