“Wonderful clean with great amenities.”

Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center
Ranked #64 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed February 24, 2013

This hotel was top of the lune for me. I was able to get a good rate $20 more a night compared to the travelodge. Love that there is a restaurant and bar in the hotel. Computers are available in the lobby. I will stay here again if I can get the same rate.

• Stayed: February 2013
Timothy P, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I usually stay at this Four Points every month on business. But after my latest stay in Feb 2013 - I will no longer be returning to this location.
My gripe is with the contracted valet service they employ with a local garage. During my last stay, there was some confusion or miscommunication regarding my plans between the front desk and the valet service - which resulted in the valet having to make 2-3 trips from garage and back.
I was astonished to say the least when my car was returned with a deep scratch and obvious crack spanning the entire windshield. When I confronted the valet, first he denied having noticed the obvious huge scratch in the driver's view of the car he just pulled up. Then he recanted and admitted it spontaneously occurred while he was initially parking my car, although he didn't have a reason for why I wasn't notified when it happened.
As if I wouldn't notice the windshield length curvilinear damage in the drivers vantage point which wasn't there 45min ago!
Furthermore, he then tried to tell me this obvious damage to my car was due to the recent snow storm. I felt like he was insulting my intelligence: especially since I just dropped off my car 45 min ago and the day was warming up + I have lived in the northeast for over 20 years and weather does not cause this type of damage. Plus no actual precipitation fell on my car since it is 100% garaged. It looked like he smashed my key into the windshield and tried to scratch it.
To make matters worse, when I insisted on speaking to his manager: he tried to talk me out of speaking to his manager. Then the manager himself attempted to dissuade me from making an incident report. Instead, he told me to just tell the rental car and insurance company it happened when I was driving it.
I think its pretty obvious the reason I was contacting the manager was that I didn't want to pay for external damage to a vehicle I trusted them with and paid for.

It ruined the rest of my day because I had to deal with the valet service filling out paperwork, calling my insurance company, dealing with the rental car company, and driving to the rental location swapping it out for another car. It also left me very aggravated and upset. I also felt insulted by the way I was treated.

Guests expect rest and a relaxing atmosphere, both of which were taken from me that day.

Do not trust your car with this valet service.

The hotel, on the other hand, is otherwise very good. Rooms are clean and quiet. The beds offer a comfortable rest. The shades effectively block out the sunlight, if needed. The hotel provides free hot coffee in the mornings, warm freshly baked cookies in the evening, and free fruit during the day. The front desk staff is very professional and courteous, I always felt welcome every time I walked in or spoke with them. There is also a fitness center which has an elliptical, treadmill, and free weights. The hotel also offers free WiFi, which is always a plus.

The only real down side the valet service - at $25/night and on average 30-45min per call, its not worth it for guests with cars.

Unfortunately, due to the unprofessional contracted valet service and resultant aggravation, I will not be staying here again. I just dont trust them with my car.
They also lost my confidence in their ability to maintain a relaxed and restful atmosphere. I dont believe in returning to a place where the VALET can hassle and insult the intelligence of guests.
They have lost a monthly business guest; I will not be giving my business to them again.

Room Tip: "Avoid the valet. Not only do they charge $25/night and take 45min to deliver your car, but als...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Timothy P, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

I am sorry to hear of your trouble with our 3rd party valet service. Please let me know if you need any help in resolving your concerns with them. We are here to help. We have a great relation with them and we have found them to be caring and responsive.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

My husband and I with friends stayed at the Sheraton last weekend to attend the Buyers Market at the Convention Center. What a sweet surprise to find great staff, a good room with a European flair and services. Was an easy one block walk to the Convention Center and Reading Terminal Market and Chinatown. If staying, don't miss the Market or the Vietnam restaurant two blocks from the Sheraton.

The rooms are clean, updated and the location is great. I give it 5 stars and hope to stay there again next year.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 8th floor with a king size bed and a shower that would hold a family. Great place.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Timothy P, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2013

Thank you for sharing we are glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I have stayed at this property several times and have always been pleased with its clean and modern accommodations and its convenient location. What makes this hotel a stand out though is the staff. They are kind and knowledgable. Five star service all the way. Every employee I have interacted with has gone out of their way to make my stay enjoyable.

1  Thank Genoa47
Timothy P, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and we are looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

Spent a night here since it was near Chinatown and Reading Terminal Market. The staff and service were wonderful. The room with a king size bed was a nice size. Both the room and bathroom were very clean. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank jemineye02
Timothy P, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience with others. In this day and age, the majority of travelers visit sites like this to ensure that they select the best hotel to meet their needs. We strive to ensure that we not only meet but exceed guests expectations. In our small hotel, you are not a number, you are our guest.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

the staff was very friendly the hotel was spotless the location was perfect one block from the reading terminal market and located right next to 3 parking lots also the hotel is right next to the convention center so for the price you cant beat it i would soooooooo stay there again don't forget to ask for a mini fridge.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lee K

Thank you for the great review. We appreciated the opportunity to have you stay with us and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

As you can see I have over 90 reviews. Less than a handful have been rated Five stars. It is very rare I give this rating but the Sheraton deserves it with spades. This doesn't mean the stay was perfect but instead it means the way some things were handled when they did go wrong was excellent.

First, the location is incredible being one block from the Reading market and basically in the middle of the happening area downtown.

The parking situation is that the cost is quite high but it has in and out service. The valet people aren't really friendly but it is what it is.

The room was pretty nice although my first night the HVAC was found to be broken. They were in my room taking the HVAC apart at 3am in the morning. This didn't work. When I called back they said that I could move rooms and that the HVAC is broken. I wasn't going to move at 3am so I went to sleep with my coat on.

So you are thinking....why the heck did he rate this five stars.

Well I will tell you. The following morning I called the GM whom I believe spoke with the front desk personnel. They bent over backwards to make up for the snafus surrounding my stay. I cannot stress how nice the front desk was as well as front desk management. Because of this I purposefully ate in their restaurant and extended my stay.

There is a business station in the lobby which works great.

The woman at the front desk who really helped me out deserves to be promoted. She is a bit older (not that old) who obviously subscribes to the nearly extinct art of customer service. Because of the ways she helped me I am now committed to a brand that I haven't used since the 1980s when it really didn't have a good name.

Based on my experience I believe you will be guaranteed a good stay and if not they will make sure to make it right. If customer service is the highest weighted variable for your hotel stays, this sets the bar.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Timothy P, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2013

Thank you for sharing your personal experience. It feels good to know that our team is empowered to serve and do just that. I was always taught to strive to be the best, be humble and do unto others as you would have done to you. I love my team at this hotel because they "Get it" it's all about the Customer Service and the seemingly almost dead art of treating people like they are special. We appreciate your business, we know that there are many other choices out there and we want to create a memorable moment.