This hotel is centrally located near Chinatown and the convention center, making it pretty easy to get around, walk to a million places (especially dining establishments) and hop on public transportation. However, even though the location is central, at the same time, it is somewhat isolated from the hustle and bustle of the busier streets. This can be a good thing or bad thing. Good, because there's less chaos/commotion, but bad because walking back at night can feel pretty sketchy particularly when there's no event at the convention center so the immediate area within a couple of blocks can be pretty dead.
For the most part, the hotel is nice. The room is small but fine, the bathroom fixtures are newish, the furnishings are clean and modern... Sure the flooring looks dated, double beds feel small, there's no fridge/microwave in the room... but overall it's above-average clean and nicely appointed. the front desk staffers were extremely helpful and even brought up towels immediately when I called after I noticed that housekeeping forgot to replace our old ones. They were also great about greeting us and informing us about the basics when we checked in. And I loved that they provided free coffee in the morning and free warm cookies and hot cocoa in the afternoon. The "business center" in the open lobby was also fine - easy to get on the Internet for a second. There's no pool, but there is a fitness center in the basement with a variety of bikes, treadmills, ellipticals and weights.
But my biggest complaint is that the room heater was SO LOUD throughout the night as it kept kicking on with a loud extended rumble that would last more than just a few minutes. I woke up at least three times my first night just because of this noise, and it was so loud that I don't think that a white noise app or machine could even drown it out. (Granted, by the second night I was so tired from the disruptive sleep before that I only woke up once...) Even despite getting a great deal on Hotwire for the hotel, I would avoid it in the future just because of the HVAC. If they changed these systems, it would make a world of difference.
Valet at $24/day is not cheap, but is actually cheaper than other hotels I've stayed at in the area, and I prefer it for the in and out privileges (meaning you can come and go as many times as you want and it doesn't affect the price). They ask that you call the front desk about 20-30 minutest before you have to leave because that's how long it takes to get the car. That was fine with me... although I did notice one of the valet guys had leaned my driver's seat way back and had pumped up the radio on the local top 40 station. (I'm more amused than annoyed by this)
So all in all, it's not a bad hotel. And if they changed their heater system, I'd actually call it pretty great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located at the heart of Philadelphia, Four Points By Sheraton Philadelphia City Center offers comfortable accommodations, and is just a short walk from the Strayer University. This three-star hotel features a state of the art fitness center for guests to work out effectively. All rooms are smoke-free and fully air-conditioned. Each is equipped with a 32-inch flat-screen TV with cable channels, coffee and tea making facilities, and a private bathroom with designer toiletries. The hotel’s business center offers fax and photocopying services. Free Wi-Fi connection is available throughout. In addition, a gift shop and a 24-hour front desk are found on-site. Cherry Lounge and Restaurant serves American classics and comfort foods for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Furthermore, there are other dining options just within walking distance. Four Points By Sheraton Philadelphia City Center is within a ten-minute walk from the Pennsylvania Convention Center. Liberty Bell Center is two kilometers away. Self-parking is located a block away for $29 a day or for $34 with in/out privileges. Upon check-in, a $35 hold will be authorized on your credit card and reimbursed if not used. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelsforEveryone so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Points By Sheraton Philadelphia City Center
- Four Points By Sheraton Philadelphia City Hotel Philadelphia
- Four Points Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Four Points