“best way to get around”
Review of Philly PHLASH

Philly PHLASH
Ranked #39 of 470 things to do in Philadelphia
More attraction details
Owner description: The Philly PHLASH® Downtown Loop is a seasonal transit program managed by the Independence Visitor Center Corporation. The PHLASH is the most affordable and convenient way for visitors to get around Philadelphia, with 22 stops located near popular attractions, from the Delaware River Waterfront to Fairmount Park. The PHLASH provides weekend service (Friday – Sunday) from March 23 – April 30 and September 8 – November 19; and daily service from May 1 – September 4 and November 24 – December 31. The PHLASH operates from 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., providing service to each stop every 15 minutes.
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Phlash is perfect for getting to all of the main sites in Philly. Its a direct route from attraction to attraction for the same price as the buses/subway and even accepts SEPTA passes. only downside is that it only runs during tourist season.

1  Thank Sarah H
"single ride"
in 8 reviews
"unlimited rides"
in 6 reviews
"never waited more than minutes"
in 5 reviews
in 13 reviews
"eastern state penitentiary"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed September 6, 2012

I think the Phlash buses are absolutely brilliant. What a great, economical way to get around downtown Philadelphia. This little purple bus took us to all the museums and sites we were visiting. Waits for the buses were not bad at all, I don’t think we had to wait over 10-15 minutes any of the times we rode it. Drivers were extremely nice and very helpful, announcing stops and the attractions associated with them ahead of time so you could be prepared to leave the bus. Service is cut back after Labor Day, Friday, Saturday, Sunday’s only and after October I don’t think they run at all– which is a shame. I agree with another reviewer that it would be nice to have them operating from 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM or so.

1  Thank DearDona
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Though Philly is very walkable, it is convenient to have shuttle around that one can hop on and off. My parents are seniors (80 & 75), so they could ride for free. I bought a family pass for me and my child. Drivers were very friendly and helpful. They announce the stops so you wont' miss yours.

The bus was no luxury, and the driver could slam the brake and honk, but it's just convenient.

I wonder if they are hybrid as they do run around often sometimes with only a handful of people. There are many tour buses, shuttles like these in Philly. How about reducing air pollution?

One thing I wish is that it ran earlier and later. The hours were from 10-6pm. If it were 9-7, it'd help us out. We did not want to venture far from our hotel to have dinner because we'd have to walk in the dark.

I think after the summer (tourists season), it will only run over weekends? So, check the schedule.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

every city should do this! 2 bucks to go anywhere on the tourist circle area around the city, seniors are free! every 15 minutes or so, the purple and gold trolley comes rolling by. super campy, but fantastic! i think the service is limited after labor day. only runs 10am-6pm when the attractions are open.