“Cheap Hotel, great area, very comfortable”

Days Inn Philadelphia Convention Center
Ranked #72 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed October 10, 2009

When my wife and I showed up to Philly this hotel was right off Broad street and two blocks from the subway, we thought it was very convenient considering we didn't have a car just our two feet. The hotel was a very good price, but you couldn't really tell until you took a shower. The shower had no pressure nor did it get very warm, so the shower was a little bit of a bummer but oh well you get what you pay for.... BUT after 2 days I mentioned it to the desk clerk he apologized and immediately sent someone to look at the shower, it was fixed within two hours! I was shocked and wished I had mentioned it sooner.. the hotel had a great location and was relatively inexpensive and definitely liveable.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hiker_n_biker

Reviewed September 5, 2009

Stayed there for one night during a trip to Philadelphia on holiday. Got the room for only £60 and it served its purpose perfectly. Room was spotless. Many cable channels on TV. Coffee maker in room. Basic breakfast (bagels, muffins, cereal, coffee/tea and juice only) included in the price. Front desk staff helpful and friendly. If you are there Sun - Thu night I would avoid rooms at the front of the hotel as there is a major piece of construction under way on the opposite side of the street.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed July 21, 2009

This hotel is next door to the hampton (I think). It was walking distance to a nice mall but we had to walk through china town which was smelly. The staff were very nice and helpful. The complementary breakfast was "sad". The room was small but my husband and I don't need a lot of room. Here's the funny part, there was a window that looked out into the hallway. LOL. My only complaint, our bed was not made and we were not given new towels because the housekeeper called herself trying to be slick. We went and saod something and our room was cleaned and we were given new towels pronto. I would not blame this on the hotel just on the person.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 14, 2009

It is great stay at the Travelodge. Its right across from the convention center. The Staff is friendly and helpful. although room is bit small but I am paying Alot less than other hotel.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 30, 2009

I was staying in this hotel since it was at a walkable distance from Pennsylvania Convention Centre( just opposite). The attitude of the front desk personnel was awful. The breakfast was stale-is it just because it was complimentary? No eggs were served and there was no variety. Of course no restaurant is there in the hotel and food will be served from Chase Lounge, a pub nearby ,if ordered. Though I was staying there for 4 nights, the front desk personnel would not give me 3 hours extra to check out on the last day saying that it was their policy. The hotel also not full at that time either. In the rooms towels will be changed only if asked and no room cleaning was undertaken. God knows why a 50 $ deposit is collected as precautionary measure and the signed bill was not returned when I checked out. Shall I say a permanent goodbye to the Hotel with unpleasant memories of the same?

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank knv1954
Reviewed April 26, 2009

Extremely rude and utterly unhelpful staff. No parking for hotel, nearest parking (and good luck getting decent directions to 24-hour parking) was $20 a day and did not feel safe at all leaving my car there.

Small room with no wi-fi and internet LAN/ethernet hookup was not working. Decent area, adjacent to Chinatown.

Would really only recommend if you only needed a roof over your head and a place to sleep for a few hours. Anything beyond that and you will be greatly disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lvlwing
Reviewed April 9, 2009

This is not a five star hotel. That being said, It was clean, afordable, included a continental breakfast, and was very convenient to Reading Market, China Town, and the convention center. When I return to Philly, I will stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends