“3 3/4 stars”

Days Inn Philadelphia Convention Center
Ranked #71 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
“3 3/4 stars”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

The staff was very friendly and helpful, always had a smile. They held my suitcase when I arrived too early to check in, and again when I checked out since I was going to be at a conference all day. My room was very small, but it was clean and had the usual items. My only complaint about the room is that it was on the first floor, and it was quite loud - I could hear the baby crying in the next room every evening, people up and down the hall, the staff knocking on doors, etc. (good thing I brought ear plugs!) The continental breakfast was okay - not a lot of choices and it was the same everyday. It would have been nice to have more variety (more fruit, changing the types of muffins/pastries, maybe a waffle maker) but it was adequate. There was coffee, tea and lemon water available in the lobby all day, which was a nice touch. The hotel was very convenient to the convention center and center city.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Kenny L, Manager at Days Inn Philadelphia Convention Center, responded to this review, January 18, 2015
Thank you for your kind comments and review regarding our high standards of cleanliness and hospitality. I also want to apologize for the loud noises from the hallway that disturbed your sleep. We will share your comments with our staff and we look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Polish first
Woodbridge, Virginia
Reviewed June 24, 2014

There was some difficulty checking in because I charged the room for my grandsons, and I didn't accompany them. However, NABRIA handled it beautifully. Not only was she checking people in during a huge convention, she was the one who answered the phone when I called. I was so surprised she was juggling everything.. and extremely gracious and uncomplaining. Give her a raise!!!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

We want to apologize for the issues that you experienced, though we are very pleased to hear that our staff was able to make sure that it was promptly addressed and that you were still able to enjoy your stay. We want you to feel like family and if our staff is making you feel this welcomed and at home, then we know we're doing our job! Your feedback will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to provide an exceptional and memorable experience for every guest.
Reviewed June 24, 2014

I stayed there for 2 days and when I first came in, the sink had hair and blood in it from the previous occupant. I asked for the sink to be cleaned and they charged me $100 for cleaning. AWFUL PLACE!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Paul C
I'm sorry to hear that your most recent stay with us did not meet your expectations of quality service, accommodations and hospitality. We want you to know that we take your comments to heart and that we are continuously discussing and implementing new ways to improve upon the guest experience at our hotel. On behalf of our entire staff, we thank you for choosing our hotel and hope you give us a chance to serve you again and will experience the improvements we have made with our service.
Reviewed June 22, 2014

OK for the value, staff was friendly, breakfast was fine. Rooms were small and the location/exterior not real pleasant.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

We strive to give you a great experience, and I am pleased to learn that we were able to meet your expectations in many ways; though I regret to hear that you weren't thoroughly impressed with the location of our hotel. Your comments are important to us as we continuously seek ways to improve upon the guest experience in our hotel. We would like to thank you for choosing our hotel and we hope to see you again soon
Reviewed June 21, 2014

People hanging around the front of the hotel did not add to a feeling of security. With the hospice and soup kitchen next door there were homeless on the street at all hours. Again did not add to a feeling of security.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

We appreciate your time in sharing this review. I am so sorry to hear that you did not feel safe during your most recent stay with us, and I want to assure you that we take the security of our guests very seriously. Know that your voice is of tremendous importance to us and we are confronting issue that you mentioned to ensure that no guest has this experience in the future.
Reviewed June 19, 2014

I am an international union representative and travel quite frequently. I've stayed at the Days Inn in multiple states and the experience wasalways fine. My recent stay at the Days Inn Philadelphia Convention Center was terrible!!! The air conditioner was not functioning properly, the temperature was 79 degrees in the room. I requested that my room be changed, they offered me another room which I checked out and the air conditioner was not working properly in that room either. I called the front desk requesting maintenance come to my room. I waited a half hour and went looking for him myself and found him and informed him of my room situation. The maintenance employee removed the filter from the ac unit and there was 2 inches of dust on it. He replace the filter and assured me the room will be cool in 2 hours. I left for a meeting and came back 3 hours later and the room still registered at 79 degrees. I called the front desk and asked to be moved, she was very curt with me and informed me that the air conditioner is working fine and I cannot be moved to another room. In the extreme heat, I was unable to sleep all night and was very disappointed with the staff and how I was treated.

I have pictures of the thermostat showing the temperature that I placed it on 55 degrees and what the room registered 79 degrees.

Uncomfortably yours,
James Napolitano

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

I am very sorry to hear of the difficulties you experienced during your recent stay with us. We greatly appreciate your loyalty and we sincerely apologize for the problems that you encountered with housekeeping and maintenance. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention so that we can make sure no future guest experiences the same inconvenience. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and to bring this matter to our attention.