“Take a chance....it has perks”

Days Inn Philadelphia Convention Center
Ranked #72 of 87 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Location is across the street from the convention center. Near tourist places, Hard Rock Cafe, and
Chinatown. The staff here was excellent. Hot coffee until 11 AM at the front desk, and the breakfast
was just what you needed to start the day and no charge for this meal. A free USA newspaper is also available, they helped with good choices of restaurants, directions, and even allowed us to store
our luggage for 5 extra hours until we headed to the airport. The rooms are small, but
the price is right and people are nice. Upon arrival we had a bottle of water and small bag of cookies
the first night in our room which was also a nice touch. Basic but a bargain for the price. Give them a try.

Room Tip: Pick an upper floor away from the city noise and walkers at night
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kathie l
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Philadelphia Convention Center

Reviewed October 11, 2013

After driving 15 hours, my husband and I had to wait in the lobby 30 minutes until we were allowed to check in, even though the room was ready. Then, misled by the clean appearance of the room, I failed to check the plumbing in the tub before I got in the shower. There was such a severe leak in the tub that the shower was like a cold trickle, and I was already wet so I tried to rinse the soap off the best I could, then called the front desk to request another room. Upon entering the second room, I checked the plumbing in the shower and found an even worse leak. I called the front desk again and she told us she would send maintenance to fix the plumbing. I expected to get a nice hot shower and water pressure and go to sleep, not a cold trickle of water that reminded me of my volunteer trips to Haiti. Even more importantly, when I traveled that far the last thing I wanted was to have to get maintenance to fix the hotel room - for $120/night I expected the room to be ready to go. I cancelled the reservation and stayed at the hotel around the corner, which did have hot water, good water pressure, great service and nice accommodations. The next day I called 4 times before I was able to reach the general manager, as instructed on canceling the reservation. The manager stated that since I took a shower in the first room I would have to pay the full price for the hotel stay; then my husband took the phone and she said she would charge only a half day price. I have never felt so enraged and violated and betrayed, and I will never stay in another establishment affiliated with Days Inn. I learned my lesson, which cost me $68 for the worst "shower" - if you can even call it that - I have ever had the misfortune of taking in the United States. The date of this incident was October 8th, 2013, at the Days Inn Convention Center in Philadelphia, PA. Please contact me if you need any further information.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Reviewed September 25, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Wanda C
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Location is very good. Is was loud between 7:00 AM and 5:00PM. The stuff resolved this problem to my satisfaction.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family