“Dirty, nasty, terrible service”

Days Inn Philadelphia Convention Center
Ranked #71 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

This is a terrible hotel, our hotel room had hair on the floor in the bathroom, food crumbs on the floor like the room hasn't been swept since the last guest stayed, and I took a shower and the tub did not drain for over an hour. I was standing in six inches of water at the end of my shower. It was still draining an hour later.

• Stayed: September 2012

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Hotel was in easy walking distance of the attractions and subway/train station. One negative is that a homeless mission was next door but it was not as bad as I would have thought. Rooms were nice and clean but I wish it had a microwave and fridge.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
1  Thank PHILLIP R
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights and let me tell you, This place is wonderful for it's location and it's staff members. Right when we checked in, our rooms were nice and cozy. The location of the hotel was close to all the sightseeing sights. Love Park was only 15 minutes away walking and Chinatown was right next to us. Needless to say we pigged out heavily. The continental style breakfast was all we needed to get our day started and the wifi access was definitely an advantage. Will have to stay here again the next time i'm in philly!

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper floor are quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2012

We stayed 2 nights n September 2012, the welcome was friendly and informative about transportation services - we had no car. The room was clean and spacious enough for a city centre hotel. Breakfast was basic. Our room window faced the Convention Centre but was quiet during night hours. Ice was readily available and fast wifi.

Room Tip: Try to get a 4th floor room on the street side.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I recently stayed at the Travelodge in Philly and had an overall good experience. The room was about average; but the room and bathroom were very clean and the bed was comfortable with 4 pillows provided. No microwave or fridge in the room (didn't miss them) and like the title says "no frills." My main complaints would be that the water pressure from the shower was low and there was a beeping noise in the mornings - not sure what it was; but as my room was facing a lane it could be the removal of a dumpster. Now the good points: The check-in staff were all very cordial and helpful in providing information. The houskeeping staff were also excellent. The location was perfect as it's across the street from the Convention Centre, very close to the Broad St. subway line and other lines, on the edge of Chinatown with numerous restaurants within short walking distance, close to the Reading Terminal market (about 50 eating/drinking/food sellers businesses), and not too far from the historic area. The complimentary breakfast was very basic with not much more than coffee, oj/apple juice/milk, cereal, and bagels and muffins. The hotel looked like it had undergone recent renovations and the elevator, hallways, and lobby areas look like they were newly carpeted. All in all excellent value for money and would recommend to anyone not looking for all the bells and whistles.

Room Tip: If possible ask for a room away from Race St. or the lane running alongside the hotel's eastside...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Mike T
Reviewed August 18, 2012

We have booked a room in February, our stay was in August. We got a room on the ground level, right next to the reception - outside was the walkway of the convention center. I never stayed somewhere that loud - from inside and outside the hotel.

Staff was absolu rude and not interested in their guest. They texted on their smartphones, red books or were on the phone with their friends. It was all like: another guest is disturbing me.

I will never ever stay in this place again!!!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Martin F
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I like staying at Travelodge. Unfortunately, this property I cannot add to that list. I called the property to make a reservation. They told me the price, which for downtown Philadelphia, wasn't too bad. They then told me that for cash paying customers, they had to pay them $50 cash for a deposit. For people travelling on a budget is STUPID!!! Local calls are free. I talked to the manager explaining that I was there for Medical reasons with a local hospital. He told me that he would by-pass the deposit. When I got there the front desk clerk said she knew nothing about it. I then talked to the manager, who I previously talked on the phone with, and told me he knew nothing about what he said earlier when we talked on the phone!! To make matters worse, the next morning I had to go up to pay for another night, and they refused to letme stay another night. I have since sent a letter to Travelodge corp office. The rooms there are nice, but with the attitudes there of their management and staff, it wouyld be better for you to spend your money on a hotel that appreciates your business. AVOID staying here!!!!!!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!!!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo