“Wonderful Stay! Great service, stay, & experience!”

Days Inn Philadelphia Convention Center
Ranked #71 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed March 25, 2011

This hotel is great! The staff is of similar quality to a 5-star hotel. I was there for over a week and they were always very pleasant and helpful in making my experience so good. The hotel is very clean and they take great care of the property and the rooms. The bathroom was exceptionally clean and the shower had great pressure and never an issue with no hot water or anything.

The free continental breakfast was a great way to start the day - cereal, yogurt, muffins, bagels, oatmeal, juice, and coffee. Also, there was free wireless internet that was very reliable and I never had a problem with it. Travelling on business, these free amenities were a great addition.

The location is fabulous - it is literally next to the convention center (less than a 2 minute walk). The hotel is a block away from Reading Terminal market and the subway station. There are a lot of restaurants close by and only a few blocks away from the Art Museum and other Philly attractions. Other reviewers mentioned the homeless shelter; yes there is a shelter 2 doors down but there is not an issue at all. They don't disturb passer-byers and after 5pm when the shelter is closed, there is no one around outside so safety is no issue.

This hotel is HIGHLY recommended and I would come back here in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank SEtravelerguy

Reviewed March 25, 2011

I had a lot of sleepless nights thinking of this hotel with the bad reviews it has received. It was not as bad as it has been described, granted it is not a Sheraton, Hilton, Four Seasons or Ritz Carlton but for the price it was very good. I have stayed at all brands and this was a very good value. I was there with a colleague for a conference at the convention center right across the street. We spent 4 nights there and not one bed bug bite or other bad experience. The staff at the front desk was GREAT! Yes there is a homeless shelter next door but they did not bother you at all. The parking was about a 2 block walk into Chinatown and cost $15 a day with a coupon from the hotel. The continental breakfast was enough (muffins, bagels, cereal, coffee and tea).

If you are going to the convention center and don't want to spend a lot of money this hotel is fine.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank bdwtravel
Reviewed March 8, 2011

Im gonna run through this terrible hotel step by step.First off we were told when booking that there was FREE parking in a lot right ext to the hotel, let the lies begin.. Parking was close to TWO blocks away & cost $25, and the employee working in the lot spoke next to NO english! When we finally got inside the hotel we were rudely treated by the front desk clerk. The computer took over 5 minutes to even pull up pur reservation, and when we asked for a late checkout the next day we were told something of the effect " I can only give out 2, I'm only allowed to give out 2"! My boyfriend and I were appauled by the way she spoke to us, and after some 'sucking up' she agreed to give us the hotels version of a 'late check-out' of 12pm. When we finally got to the room, it was small, dark and to say the least uninviting. There was no fridge, only 2 towels that were half the size of a normal bath towel. Later that night we learned that the shower didnt drain, so after a quick 5 minute shower, and some puddle splashing in the 6 inches of water at my feet I quickly dried off with the 'hand towel'. The woman in the room next to ours was coughing from 6pm to about 1am, and we were every minute of it. The walls were so thin we both thought at one point she was in our bathroom! Needless to say this hotel was subpar, the location was alright, but for next time we both agreed we would rather spend the extra money and stay in a reliable hotel, not some dump! Dont stay in the hotel, you will be very very unhappy.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sawyersgirl1852
Reviewed March 4, 2011

Bad experience. Could sleep all night because of bed bugs. Spots on towels and bed sheets. Noise of elevator all night if you are on ground floor level.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Tedmetuchen
Reviewed February 16, 2011

Stayed 2 nights @ $100 per night. This is a no-frills hotel but I was happy with the room, service and location and would stay there again if in Philly given the reasonable value. To my surprise, some of the rooms have windows facing into the corridors, which kind of freaked me out despite the curtains covering the windows. I would recommend requesting a room that does not have this.

The pros of this hotel were
-located right next to the convention center (great if attending an event there) and within approx 20 minutes walking distance to the independence mall area where the major attractions are located.
-the room was clean and comfortable
-fast internet was available but you need to bring your own network cable - I did not have one but fortunately the staff provided me with wifi access
-staff were polite and helpful
-complimentary breakfast was decent (bagels, cereal, toat, muffins, juice, coffee)

The only con was it is located near to a homeless shelter which made me feel a little bit unsafe as exiting/entering the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Tellingitlikeiseeit
Reviewed January 18, 2011

When we booked Travelodge, we were only looking for a place to sleep for one night in Philadelphia. Naturally, we weren't expecting something luxurious, but let it be known that you get what you pay for here.

I thought the hotel itself was in a nice location - there's a nice convenience store next door, and Jake's Pizza down the street is great. Some people complained of the hotels' proximity to a homeless shelter - I honestly had no problem with it at all. You wouldn't have even known it was there.

The interior of the hotel was quite old/dirty, for example, there was mildew on the shower curtain, and the ventilator in the bathroom leaked. The room itself was incredibly tiny, with a window looking out only to the hallway. Our sink also was not located in the bathroom, which was a bit of an inconvenience.

Just to sum it up...

Pros: Price, Location, Staff
Cons: Price, Cleanliness, Parking (2 blocks away, extra fee)

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank dobbys_sock
Reviewed November 17, 2010

This place looks nice when you first walk in, and the staff was nice at first. When we walked up to our room and entered, it was like entering a very small bedroom with two beds..The room was like 75-80 degrees when we walked in and the staff came up and "fixed" it, but said if it doesn't kick on he will bring us a fan! What??? I didn't pay this money to stay in a room that has no windows or air!!! this is rediculous!! Luckily we won't be in the room too much since we are here for buisness, but I highly do NOT recommend anyone stay here!!!! EVER!!!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business