“Great location for quick stays when flying”

Philadelphia Airport Marriott
Ranked #37 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed July 28, 2014

I would normally rate this hotel a 3 to 3.5 but have given it a 4 because they have great weekend rates and it is a quick train ride to center city. I stay here when flying in for the Philadelphia Phillies games, Philadelphia Eagles games, Flower Show and more. The weekend rate can be as low as $99 which is fantastic for the quality of this hotel.

Room Tip: I usually stay on an upper floor and find even though you are next to a large airport I do not hear...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RKBII
Write a ReviewReviews (1,116)

Reviewed July 27, 2014

Arrived at Philadelphia airport with intentions of boarding our flight to Rome Italy... to our sup prize, Europe has a mandate that your passport must be valid for 4 months after your trip is over... Needless to say someone in our party had a passport only good for 2 months so our trip was delayed a day. At this time we choose to stay at the Marriott because it was attached to the airport and we were stuck. The beds were comfortable and the hotel room was clean. The person at the desk was sympathetic to our story and gave us a really great rate (which helped) based on all of the other re-arranging that needed to be done (missing our flight)

The restaurant in the hotel was good and had a nice selection of food (Quinoa salad with shrimp and chicken) was very tasty and perfect!

Perfect hotel for those long layovers, close to rental car locations and the airport

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank beentheredonethat92
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Stayed at the hotel for 2 nights - 3 days for work training. I was having trouble the first night making my key work and the cleaning lady - saw my struggle came right over and said let me help you! She was so sweet - Wish I got her name so I could give a thumbs up to the staffing - If it helps - the night was 7/23/14 around 6pm in room 712. Give that woman a raise - I have never had someone from the cleaning crew - without having being asked - volunteer to help me open the door and then manage my bags. The hotel was very clean and everyone was friendly. The beds.. ooohh the beds were phenomenal - They are the most comfortable ever, and the pillows, well I need to save up and buy some from them most comfortable EVER.. In spite of this being right at the airport - I did not hear one airplane fly over head, I slept soundly (except for the drunk people yelling to each other on opposite sides of the building). The meeting rooms were perfect for our needs. The only negative thing I can say - and its not really a negative but the restaurant and bar prices were insane - a 3oz glass of wine was 6.00 for a 5 oz. was $10-12 (and I am talking about the cheapest glass they had, prices went up from there) and a cheeseburger 17.00 YIKES !! There were no other choices since this sits at the airport. Overall it was a good experience, also when we were leaving we had to get to the Amtrak station - the front desk guy was very helpful and gave us great directions - he even ran to catch up with us on the elevator to remind us to exit at the 30th street stop from the train at the hotel - which is where the Amtrak is, didn't get his name either - great guy Though - Friday 7/25 at noonish..

Room Tip: I don't think you can find a bad room - but the king size bed looking at the rental car parking...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank AngB419
Reviewed July 19, 2014

+$20 for parking $17 for internet...room rate misleading, just tell me it's an additional 37$ a night...front desk very unhelpful, why was the parking attendant (who does not work for marriot) the most helpful person I've encountered during my stay? Is it standard policy to dodge blame, and blame guests for front desk misinformation? Be aware it's a hassle to stay here, and be prepared for no resolution.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Carl707
Barry K, Manager at Philadelphia Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Dear Carl707,
Please accept our sincere apologies for any confusion you may have encountered regarding your room rate, and your charge for daily internet service. We will conduct an intense review with our Front Office team to ensure that similar concerns are handled in more depth. We could have done a much better job in expalining all of the charges associated with your stay. Thank you again for staying at the Philadelphia Airport Marriott.
Barry

Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

As a past Marriott loyalty member, I've seen the quality of the hotels decrease and subsequently moved to Hilton.

But, if all Marriott's were like this place I might've stayed.

The staff is helpful. The rooms are clean and noise proofed from the planes.

The price was really good. Would certainly stay here again.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank DavilaDC
Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

When you stay at a hotel at this price point one would expect something as simple as a digital alarm clock of some sort in the room. Unfortunately management at this hotel has decided that there will no longer be digital alarm clocks in the rooms even though virtually all other chains have them. As a frequent business traveler I will no longer stay here until this policy is changed.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank remermn
Barry K, Manager at Philadelphia Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Hello Remermn,
Thank you for your observation regarding our new guest room alarm clock. We have indeed moved away from the standard digital/radio clocks found in may hotel chains, and have replaced them with an "old school" anaolg clock (w/o a radio). The majority of our guests enjoy the easier to read larger dial, as well as the straight foreward approach of setting the alarm. We hope you will give us another try in the near future!
Barry

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Rooms do their job well. Bar area friendly and food pretty good for a hotel. Bar a bit like a truck stop with business travellers. Very handy and right next to car rental drop and connected to airport. All in all good stay, though the check in desk is poorly run and lines were huge.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo