“Nice place even for a non airport hotel”

Philadelphia Airport Marriott
Ranked #37 of 89 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights for an event that was taking place at the Philly convention center. The price paid was much better then a downtown Philly hotel even when you factor in parking charges near the convention center. Total travel by car to the convention center averaged about 15 minutes and we never hit any traffic including a Monday. Parking at the hotel was convenient and check in was fairly quick and smooth. Unfortunately was given a room right next to the elevator, so I went back down stairs and with a little prodding was given a great room at the end of the hall on the 12 floor with a great view of the runways. Typical very clean Marriott room. Had drinks and appetizers at the hotel bar which were very tasty.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,125)

Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is connected to terminal B at PHL. We reserved a king runway room. We dropped off rental car and WALKED yes WALKED to the Marriott. So close :)

We tried to check in 2 hours early and was told room wasn't ready. We went and had lunch and 90 minutes later it was ready. Room was typical Marriott (rewards members) clean, spacious, WONDERFUL BED/PILLOWS.

THE BEST PART IS ROOM 1113 YOU CAN WATCH THE TAKE OFF AND LANDINGS OF THE BUSY PHL AIRPORT. EXCELLENT VIEW!!!!!!!!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Barry K, Manager at Philadelphia Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Good Evening!
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience from your recent visit to our hotel.
Great to hear that our exciting views of the airport runways were enjoyed by you right from your bedroom window!
Hope to see you again soon when your travel plans bring you back to Philadelphia!

Reviewed April 10, 2014

This is the first time in all my years of traveling that when I requested a quiet room during my on-line booking that a hotel actually read my request and provided a quiet room. The room was great. The hotel is a little dated but it is physical attached to Terminal B so its is super convenient.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I picked hotel due to its closeness to airport, but most of all with it's hotel details description of free parking. I could have gone to the Holiday Inn which offered park and fly which would have been $20 more. I should have gone that route. Once we arrived I found out that parking was indeed $20 a day not free at all to overnight guest. Since we were going on a friends vacation for the next 7 days that was not in our budget to say the least. I had to now take our vehicle to the economy parking miles away, again not in the plan. We all had packed overnight bags that now had to go in our already overly packed bags. We checked in to a room that smelled of mold for which we called the front desk and they moved us. Again after driving 2 and a half hrs, the parking incident and now the room, my taste for the Marriott properties have changed. I would not recommend this property it needs a complete rehab. Very dated.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Barry K, Manager at Philadelphia Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Good Afternoon,
Thank you for sharing your expereince from your recent visit.
We do apologize for any confusion regarding the parking charges.
Also, there is never an excuse for our guest rooms not to have a fresh & clean scent.
We hope to serve you again.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

I have stayed here quite a few times as it is extremely convenient if you need to catch an early flight. This time was great, just as all the others have been. When I arrived after a very long 15 hour work day, it was about 9:30 and the lobby was crazy hectic because of a party going on in one of the ballrooms. I made my way to the desk and I am sure he could see the tiredness in my face. He was so polite and said he would put me on the highest floor so it would be super quiet. It was! It was so nice. The bed was...well, a Marriott bed--ultimately comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We had a great stay at the Philadelphia Airport Marriott. The room was gorgeous with modern amenities and appliances. Comfortable bed, view of the runway (we were on the 7th floor out of 15 total) and big TV. The room also had a coffee maker with 2 mini creamers, sugar, cups, etc. The bathroom was lovely. The extra large shower had glass floor to ceiling doors. They took the extra steps to make the room nice like creating a flower made out of tissues to sit on top of the tissue box. We enjoyed our room stay overall. We did not try the wi-fi. The restaurant downstairs in the lobby of the hotel is really great! We ordered the pretzel bites and the cobb salad as a late night snack and they were both delicious and reasonably priced.

Cons:

-The doors in this hotel are paper thin, so if you have people out in the hallway making more than average noise, you are going to hear EVERYTHING.

-The parking rate is a bit ridiculous. I'm not really sure why, but they do not offer their guests parking. You have to pay a rate of $20.40 per day, so while it is great to get a rate of $79.99 on Priceline, you get $20 in taxes/fees and another $20 for parking. The garage is also really frustrating to get through with multiple tickets needed, hang tags, etc. but I admit the signage was good to help people figure out where to go.

-Also, upon walking in to the room, we noticed an extremely heavy cleaning smell that was not pleasant. It cleared up once we put the air on full blast, though.

Would stay here again if not for the parking fee, but I imagine it is great for those needing a place close to the airport for an early flight out.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 16, 2014

This marriott was not worth the perceived benefit of having proximity to the airport. I love marriott properties for the most part, and think their customer service is always top-notch, but this particular one doesn't seem to have been made from the same strict mold that every other one has.
To start with my particular scenario, I was staying for business purposes and was not sure when my last day would be. I explained this to the customer service desk and we agreed that I would do a day to day update either continuing or ending my stay. I understood this was slightly more inconvenient than the average booking, but it wasn't impossible by any stretch and it definitely didn't deserve the blatantly obvious malcontent that I received when needing to extend for another day. Additionally, I was working at night and sleeping during the day. I tried putting up the "do not disturb" sign on the door and calling the front desk asking to have the maids not knock on my door, and they wouldn't get the message translated. Two days in a row I had been woken up to knocking from housekeeping. It took me meeting the maids in the hall and writing down on their little notepad to not knock at my door number.
They're wake up call service was automated so you could only arrange one wake up call per day and the front desk was once again unwilling to do anything more than say "I don't know if we can do more, or who to ask".
Then at checkout I asked for a clarification to why I was getting charged a little over twice the amount for the same room, on the same day, on a lower level than a colleague of mine who booked through the same company channels. I got some hands thrown in the air saying they didn't know and that rates can change, and even the manager said he can't go back and see how we were charged for what days. The receipt in front of us was the only thing we could go off of.
Then I ran into another issue because I got called to this business trip in the middle of a vacation so I was running out of clothes. I was more than willing (practically begging in fact) for them to take my clothes in the laundry service on a Saturday that they advertised and was told that since it was after 8am (I was working till 10am) that they couldn't do anything. So, okay, the next night, I specially arranged to drive back to the hotel and turn in my clothes before 8am. I get all the way there, and am told they don't do laundry cleaning on Sunday. I explained yet again that I was there on business in the middle of a vacation, didn't have any clothes, didn't have the time available to sit in a laundry room for 2 hours, and was practically begging to pay the absolutely exorbitant prices that hotel laundry service is - and they were insistent on not helping me in anyway possible.
On top of all that, on checkout, they double charged my colleague! This they ended up correcting, but the oversights by this group from the get go is unacceptable (keep in mind that this spread over multiple days and shifts, so it was the whole assembly of workers).
Like I said, I really like marriott, but this one falls far short and actually goes in the opposite direction. Had this been my first marriott stay, I'd never go back to one.
If you get stuck in phl unexpectedly, they might help you out for a one off night (and you probably aren't reading long winded reviews anyhow), but you'll get overcharged and won't get smiles or any evidence of a genuine desire to help you or make your stay comfortable.
If it's the next nearest hotel is $50 more expensive, per night, go there instead. You will come out on top.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank ajkpitt
Barry K, Manager at Philadelphia Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2014

Good Afternoon,
Please accept my personal apologies for the less than acceptable experiences you had during your recent stay with us. It was disappointing to read that several departments of the hotel were not providing you the high level of Marriott service.
Both the Housekeeping & Front Office Managers have investigated your concerns, and have made the necessary corrections to ensure other guests are not negatively affected by similar requests, such as assistance with laundry and daily housekeeping needs.
We also should have done a better job in explaining our rates to you when you questioned the apparent inconsistencies.
We hope you will give us one more try, and look forward to serving you again.