“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #36 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
Plainfield, Illinois
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I got stranded in Philly because of a snow storm. Ended up getting a room at the Marriott at the airport. What a nice experience! The room was well equipped. The staff was very friendly and provided great service. The restaurant was very good and room service was fast!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Mount Laurel, NJ
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I surprised my son for his b'day trip to LAX (6:00 am flight) by booking a room here. We were able to sleep till 4:30 am (vs. 3:00 am if we left from home.) Our check-in person was incredibly friendly.

We had a $70 'snack' downstairs at the bar (pretzel bites, 2 salads, 4 beers), the staff working there were fantastic!.

I thought the beds were comfy, pillows great for my neck/back problems, loved the comforter. Son took shower at 4:00 am & said that water wasn't all that consistently hot. We were a bit bummed that we had to walk outside to United at Terminal D to check his bag - but was a good brisk wake up at that time of morning.

I parked in the 'Marriott' garage - had to wake up the poor lady working the graveyard shift to get out of the garage.

I don't believe 'park and fly' is OK here, so for me - unless my son has an early morning flight, I won't be staying here again. But I really saw no problem with the room for the short amount of time we stayed (other than the price, but I was willing to pay it.)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank TZMOM
Barry K, Manager at Philadelphia Airport Marriott, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Good Evening,
Thank you for taking time to share your experience from your recent visit at our hotel.
It will be a pleasure to share the great feedback you have regarding our Front Desk Agents & Restaurant Servers!
Good to hear you enjoyed our new bedding package in our guest rooms.
Please accept my apology for the less than acceptable experience with our Parking Garage Attendant, and your comments will be presented to the Parking Garage Manager for the appropriate accountability.
We look forward to your return at the Philadelphia Airport Marriott!
New Bloomfield, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Not Convenient for departing or arriving international flights. This hotel was sold to us that we didn't have to walk outside to take a shuttle to the gates Not Accurate! We stayed here for this reason because of traveling with our 3 year old and knew it was going to be -20 degrees! The restaurant bartender was the rudest man we have ever came across trying to get a beverage.... The gritty dirty bath tub was disgusting... We were put on the 9th floor next to fire escape... Constant slamming of the door to fire escape all night long! We had to be at the airport to checkin at 4:30am... So there wasn't a good nights rest like we were anticipating... Only good thing I can say about the hotel is the shuttle driver that went above and beyond to get our luggage to our car in the parking garage! Kudos to him! We always stay with SPG Hotels when traveling for business or pleasure... And after this experience we will continue to do so!

Room Tip: Chose a different hotel!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank bethann1974
Barry K, Manager at Philadelphia Airport Marriott, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Good evening and thank you for taking time to share your concerns regarding your recent experience at our hotel.
Please accept my apology for the poor service you recieved in our restaurant, and the condition of your bath tub.
Both concerns have been addressed with our restaurant manager & housekeeping manager.
We hope to serve you agan at our hotel and to earn your your future business with Marriott International.
Bronx, New York
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Other than the convenience to the airport, not much to recommend about this hotel. Rooms are small and tired. Mattresses soft. Service generally poor. My room was missing a luggage rack, had one towel for two people, and was BOILING HOT. When I called for two more towels, I was grilled by the "at your service" person why I needed two towels. I told him we were two people. He said: weren't there any towels in the room? I answered one. So he said: so you only need one towel. I explained I like two towels after my shower, after which he relented to send two towels. When engineering came to check why my room was a sweltering 73 degrees despite my setting the thermostat at 60, he said the hotel is "green" and therefore can't cool the rooms; he said there was nothing wrong with my system. He then offered me to change rooms. I questioned how that would help; are some rooms greener than others, I asked?

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank BlackPlace
Thank you for taking time to share your concerns regarding your recent visit to our hotel.
Please accept my personal apology for the frustration you experienced when requesting additional towels, and asssitance with the tepmerature in your guest room.
I have worked directly with our fornt office and engineering leaders to address the specific concerns you have shared.
We look forward toserving you again, and earning your future business.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed January 13, 2014

The hotel was extremely clean, the rate was reasonable and I walked to the terminal in minutes. The staff was courteous and is right across the street from the airport rental car facilities. The only negative if your walking to the terminal, is that if its cold outside it will take you approx 5 minutes.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Luis R
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Being in Philly during the infamous Polar Vortex I appreciated that I didn't have to walk outside to get to this hotel! Also (because of the PV), the place was fully booked, and there were tons of people hanging around the common areas. However, it was very comfortable for everyone, plus the restaurant and bar are quite large with good food and excellent service. The property itself is a little bit aged, but it seems well-kept and maintained with recent renovations. Planes, trains, and automobiles are steps away. I used miles to pay for my room and was surprised at how few were required. I overheard someone in the lobby discussing the dollar amount required, and I was surprised at how reasonable that was, too.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
boston
Reviewed January 11, 2014

I stayed in this property on Jan 5. I'll start with the CONs. The dining room area at night were manned by people who weren't very friendly - no smiles just robotic responses to your questions. The floors in my bathroom sticks to your shoes, kind of like the floors in a cheap hotel. This particular night, there was a false fire alarm, which put the customers as well as the hotel staff in total confusion. Everyone had to be in the main lobby until the Fire Department determine if it was safe to go back into the room. As I said before, it fortunately turned out to be a false alarm. I expected the top management to be the calming influence, but I didn't see them around. There was no one in charge, so I saw chaos. The customers, not the Hotel Staff, helped other customers. Finally, we were able to go back to our rooms, about 8:30pm. I tried and tried to call downstairs about this time, but no one ever picked up the phone until next morning. If there was an emergency, no one at the Hotel can help you at that time, you would just calll 911. So, I figured the front desk was not cooperating at all. I thought I could reach the Director of Hotel Operations, but he was out. So, my night with this Marriott was not relaxing at all.

Here are the PROs. Good mattress, clean room, good breakfast, and friendlier morning staff.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo