“Amazingly quiet”

Philadelphia Airport Marriott
Ranked #36 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed November 6, 2013

For a hotel which literally overlooks (and is connected by a walkway) to the airport terminal, I was astounded by the fact that I never heard a single plane. The hotel is nice, and the staff were extremely pleasant. Only small negative was that the cleaning staff neglected to replace the coffee I'd used for the in-room coffee maker, so I needed to go downstairs to get some more.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed November 5, 2013

The Marriott is attached to the US Air Terminal. The convenience cannot be beat, and the hotel has been renovated: It is better than an ordinary Marriott. The restaurant was surprisingly good-both the salmon and the steak were excellent. But at the end of the day, the location is the main reason for selecting the Marriott.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mark P
Reviewed November 1, 2013

It's a Marriott. You'll recognize the lobby and hallways, and rooms for that matter. The greatest benefit is the connection to the airport through Terminal B. Super convenient for fly in/fly out business meetings and interviews. The rooms are quiet, and I didn't hear a take off or landing once. The temperature in the rooms was hit or miss, my room was hot at night and my colleagues complained of it being too cold in theirs.

Food was actually pretty good, but the service in the restaurant was S L O W. Gym is nice, although a bit clammy, which I think is due to the fact that it seems to be the old pool area, it has a funky tile floor and the weight area is over the top of what used to be a diving area. Wierd.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

The best thing about this hotel is its location. We stayed there one recent evening due to a flight the next day. The room was small but very well decorated with the amenities you’d expect in a Marriott. It had a fun, stylish love seat instead of a simple chair for lounging. The bed itself was comfortable but the bottom sheet was way too small for the bed. The corners of the bottom sheet didn’t fit over the corners of the mattress. This caused the sheet to pucker up in the corners and not lay smooth. This detracted from the comfort of the bed. We had a maintenance issue with the faucet in our bathroom sink as it was very loose and the sink also wouldn’t plug. Also, the water in the sink took a very long time to get hot. I gave up and used the tub to wash my face before hitting the rack. We had breakfast in the restaurant and it was very good. My eggs were cooked perfectly and the bacon was delicious. I found the coffee to be a tad weak and bitter but that was the only disappointment with breakfast. We had a good rate ($95) so I feel it was good value for the money. I'd have rated the hotel higher but the maintenance issues (and too small sheet) just couldn't let me do it.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 20, 2013

The convenience of this hotel being on the terminal is not worth it. Marriott should be ashamed to have their name on this property. I got an good rate which is the only reason I took advantage of the location. I actually arrived by train.

Rooms are small. Rooms are not clean. Rooms are not in working order.

Service borders on complacent, condescending and offensive. When telling the front desk about the running toilet, the clogged sink and the broken toilet seat (yes this is a $239 room), they barely flinched and they never had engineering check the room. The same items were there on my return that evening. There is more, but why bother.

There are plenty of alternative properties with more amenities at less cost in the area.

3  Thank Probably2Picky
Reviewed October 19, 2013

This hotel is a great location if you are arriving late to or leaving early from PHL. There wouldn't really be any other reason to stay here, as it isn't convenient to anything but the airport.

It is updated, with nice rooms. The bathrooms are extremely small, but everything is working order, clean and pretty much what is expected at a full service Marriott.

Except the service...

My profile requests a feather free room. I called the hotel earlier in the day, explained I would be arriving very late and only had a few hours to sleep. I was assured the room would be feather free. It wasn't. I called the front desk, explained the comforter was feather and was handed off to the front desk manager. She explained to me that the room was feather free. I explained to her I was reading the tag on the comforter, which stated otherwise. She came to the room twenty minutes later, handed me a blanket, saying, "here you go" until I pointed out I couldn't change the bed, she had to do it. I left the room and sat on a ledge at the end of the hall. Suddenly, she started yelling down the hall, "Sir, sir, sir..." Does a hotel manager really not know not to yell down a hotel hall at one-something in the morning? I walked towards her, motioning her to stop yelling, but she kept screaming down the hall like a child in a playground. At one in the morning. She explained to me that the comforter wasn't feather, it was down, so there isn't a problem!!!! Yep. She's a hotel manager. I explained that down is goose or duck feather, like wool is sheep hair or cotton is from a cotton plant, but she wouldn't have any of that. Even when I showed her on the Internet, she kept insisting that it was down. I asked her what down is, and at least she admitted she didn't know, but she still somehow thought it necessary to argue with me that it wasn't feather. At one-thirty in the morning.

I called the hotel later to complain, was told someone would call back and am still waiting for the return call a week plus later.

And I'm also waiting for my welcome gift points to post. The points for my stay posted, but not the 500 point Platinum welcome gift.

Yep. In my six hour stay the hotel managed to drop the ball this many times. Just think of what they must accomplish when someone stays for a full day.

I previously had a very good stay, and will likely give the hotel a chance again, but will contact the hotel ahead of time and make sure that the staff is aware that feather free means no down pillows or comforters. Or I might go back to the Renaissance or Fairfield Inn nearby, where I've never had issues.

Room Tip: If you have a special request, be extremely specific and check, double check and redouble check or i...
1  Thank CJKatl
Reviewed October 18, 2013

If you have an early departure/ late arrival or just want to save on rental car fees it is the right place to stay. The hotel is directly connected to the Airport terminals and you are more or less from the room to the gate (or vice versa) in 5 minutes. The Lobby is modern and offers the Mobile Check-In functionality which worked fine, so it is only a few minutes from the gate to the room. The rooms are standard Marriott equipment, the flat screen,etc. and very quite considering you are directly at the airport. The rental car services are more or less 1-3 minutes walking distance away from the hotel.