“Great option when flying out of Philly”

Philadelphia Airport Marriott
Ranked #36 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed July 20, 2013

The Philadelphia Airport Marriott is a convenient option when flying out of Philadelphia early in the morning. Attached to the airport, the hotel offers all of the full-service amenities of a Marriott in a good location. I'd recommend taking the courtesy shuttle to your airline rather than walking it as it can get challenging to go to other terminals. Best thing is that there's little to no airport noise.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank SBfromNJ

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Great location - easy airport access. Like new property. Great accommodations! Very nice Marriott property ~ would definitely recommend to business travelers! Great rate and breakfast was delicious! Shuttle was prompt for car rental transportation and a friendly driver!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 18, 2013

This is the 3rd time we've stayed at the Philadelphia Airport Marriott, and we've been pleased each time. The service is great, the shuttle driver is always friendly, and hotel is very clean and modern. I ate in the restaurant and had a tasty meal. We'll stay there again when in Philly!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Had to go to Philly for a funeral. My sister and I decided to stay here since we didn't have a car. First big problem we noticed was a sea of teens everywhere - in the lobby, in the elevators - and they did not behave well. Apparently there was some sort of athletic competition going on. These kids were pretty much out of control, but that's not the hotel's fault. We assumed they were the ones (or possibly their chaperones) who made a mess outside the elevators on our floor. And the partying in the hallways woke my sister up on Saturday night. Thank goodness they were gone on Sunday. Again, even though this made our stay unpleasant, I'm not going to factor this into the overall rating of this property.
The good: beds and pillows were great, hotel close to the airport, our room with two double beds was big, corner room had a nice view, and there were free bottles of water in the room. I liked that the air conditioning was quiet, but my sister said it shut off during the night and the room got warm (I didn't notice this).
The not-so-good: my sister made the reservation but she said she couldn't get the rate on the internet so she had to call. She was on the phone a long time and they still messed up the reservation - only booked us for one night and we stayed for two. There was no free internet which basically was a moot point since the internet was DOWN during most of our two night stay. This was a real problem when you make travel arrangements at last minute (again, we were there for a funeral) and you want to check in early for your flight to try to get a decent assigned seat. No one behind the desk offered to help me either - they just gave an abrupt comment saying, "the internet is down. Someone is working on it." Thanks a lot. No internet, whether it's free or not, is a major inconvenience, especially since my sister lugged her computer all the way cross country and couldn't use it for anything. My sister also said the "shuttle" driver who drove her to Gate D on the morning of her flight was surly as well. And it wasn't exactly a shuttle - it was a small van. Ride was bumpy. The small shop was sort of embarrassing for a large hotel - was only option for beverages and food besides the sit down restaurant or room service which were a little too expensive for my liking. And this tiny "shoppe" was the only option because there is NOTHING available at the airport unless you have gone thru security with a boarding pass. No restaurants in walking distance. Plus Philly was disgustingly hot and humid that weekend, so I wouldn't have wanted to walk far outside anyway. They boast about having Starbucks coffee, but they don't brew any decaf coffee - you have to pay more and get a cup of decaf cafe americano. There was decaf in our room to brew the first day, but when they refilled the coffee, they gave us regular coffee to brew and not decaf - the brewed coffee in the room wasn't anything that great. We were also next to the concierge room, but weren't given access to use it, which seemed sort of cruel! My sister requested extra towels which weren't there but we made do with what we had. Only one robe in closet, not two, but my sister didn't want to use one anyway. Last thing about the room was there was no full length mirror which seemed sort of strange.
One word of warning if you stay here that has nothing to do with the hotel: If you are traveling on a Monday morning and you are on US Air, consider getting to security very early. This was one of the longest security lines I have ever been in. Was very crowded at both B and C terminals. The TSA person kept saying to people who complained to her, "You should have gotten here 2 hours before your flight."
This was not my best travel experience!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Recently stayed at the Marriott; previous experience was over a year ago. The hotel has been refreshed in the last year, and is a great place to stay if you are getting an early morning flight. I was pleasantly surprised by the updated room; no evidence of the well-worn rooms remains.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 12, 2013

You can't get any closer or convenient especially when you fly out at 6am. Hop skip and jump to airport. Rooms are nice, but small. Great Marriott bed and conceriege level has great amenities. Lounge was good and convenient. Was very bothered that they would place a platinum member next to elevator shaft. All I heard was whoosh from elevators all night. You never hear airplanes though the windows are so thick. Train to downtown Reading Market also very convenient. Overall you are paying for convenience and that's it.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms ending in xx19 as those boarder the elevator shafts.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 10, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Philadelphia Airport Marriott for one night in December before our trip to Colorado. We arrived to the hotel around 8 P.M and the hotel was very quiet. The staff was very nice and was willing to help us with anything. We went down to the Riverbend Bar and Grill which is the restaurant in the hotel. We enjoyed a few snacks and drinks at the restaurant before going to bed. Our room was a decent sized room and the beds were very comfy. We woke up the next morning at 6 AM to catch our flight. The one thing that makes this Marriott so convenient is that it is literally attached to the airport. All you have to do is walk up the stairs from the lobby and walk a few feet and you are in Terminal B near the security checkpoint. This stay was what I expected and my family and I will actually be staying at this hotel again tomorrow night.

Room Tip: All rooms are the same but if you are staying here for more than one night, select a room on a highe...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family