“so very disappointing”

Philadelphia Airport Marriott
Ranked #36 of 87 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I paid $350 a night - and there is not WIFI in the room. The $13 a day for "premium" wired internet was slow and did not accommodate my company VPN. Completely shut down all internet every time I tried to connect. Did all the usual - to try to make it work. Nope. It is a perfect place for an early flight --- but the food in the restaurant was poor. The wine list is sincerely disappointing and so very very expensive for such cheap cheap wine. The rooms are tired and not very clean. Next time I will stay a couple miles further out at somewhere better and less expensive. The people were OK - but it is certainly not conducive to getting work done. I was told they will start renovation next month. If they do it right - it may be worth more, but certainly not what I paid. Ever.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Motrzo
There are newer reviews for Philadelphia Airport Marriott

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed 1 night for business. Hotel is a little dated. Bathroom fixtures a little corroded, furniture tired and scratched. Concierge lounge ok. But I felt the service could use some sprucing up, along with the hotel. Ate dinner in the lounge - it does serve late which is a godsend if you get in late. Easy to get to by walking through the B terminal. The shuttle from other terminals is a little slow and unreliable. Other reviewers gave this place a 5 star - that surprises me - maybe it was bad timing for me, but I just wasnt very impressed.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank lawdogs1
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I recently spent two nights at the Philadelphia Airport Marriott because of a late arrival and an early departure. Overall, the hotel is great and the service was friendly and helpful.

Pros: Location, location, location. It's a three minute walk from the hotel to the airport terminal, which gave me plenty of extra time in the morning before my flight. The staff was pleasant and very helpful. I scheduled a wake up call at 5a and the phone rang as planned. The restaurant, while pricey, does not disappoint. I enjoyed a egg white frittata and very good coffee. The front desk was helpful in directing me to the shuttle and giving me information about the airport terminal. I'm a Marriott Rewards member and I was thanked for my loyalty.

Cons: The beds are a bit firmer than I usually prefer, but overall it was comfortable. The rooms are dated and could use a makeover. The first night, I was placed in an accessible room. The shower in that room was terrible. Thankfully, on my next stay, I was in a regular room that had a great rain shower with great water pressure.

My only complaint, and this probably isn't Marriott's fault is that you can't walk from the rental car pick up to the hotel because there are no sidewalks. It would take less than five minutes to walk it, but you have to take a shuttle because it is unsafe to walk.

I recommend staying here if you are catching an early flight. They cater to business travelers and do a very good job of it.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Booked this hotel last minute for a great price on Priceline. We arrived at 4:30 and were told a room would not be available for two hours! No apologies, no sympathy and not an ounce of politeness. When we finally got our room, we were pleased to find a clean good sized room. You cannot beat the airport location where you do not even have to go outside to enter the airport. Checkout was just as unfriendly and cold. If it were not for the poor customer service this could be a great hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank jpolizzotto
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My family stayed here (4 adults) on a Monday night in October before going on vacation Tuesday AM. The hotel has a vibrancy to it and yet it was a quiet night's sleep attached to Terminal B. Two of us had drinks at the bar and then moved over to the restaurant for dinner, which was delicious. The rooms were very clean with ultra comfortable beds. In the morning we simply cleaned up, closed our suitcases and strolled over to security before flying south. Will definitely do this again! It beats the hustle and worry of rush hour traffic.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We landed at 5:00 AM in PAL after an exhausting international flight and couldn't find the hotel shuttle. We called the hotel from the terminal and Janine who answered the phone was just amazing - she organized the driver to come pick us up in a few minutes, she gave us a free breakfast which was a chance to rest till the room was ready and before 9:00AM (!) got us a room which had 2 double beds and a crib as requested so we could rest before the official check-in time. I couldn't thank her enough. This hotel was pricey but definitely worth it, the train to the city was easy to catch, and our next day's flight only a short walk away. Oh - and the windows were so well isolated, I think it was the most quiet hotel I've slept in.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We were in Philly for granddaughters wedding and Hurricane Sandy stranded us. After looking at our Options we decided the best was to head to to Marriott connect to the air port. Location was was we needed.
We had front row seats looking over the airport Marriott style,
My husband intended to do some work ,we had electricity and felt as safe as could be but after much frustration they are too cheap too have wireless in the room. That is why everyone is in th lobby working on their lap tops., I think this is totally unacceptable!

Room Tip: No wireless in the room, they want you to pay I addition to paying top dollar