“Perfect Place to Stay for Early Flight”

Philadelphia Airport Marriott
Ranked #34 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Perfect Place to Stay for Early Flight”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I recently spent two nights at the Philadelphia Airport Marriott because of a late arrival and an early departure. Overall, the hotel is great and the service was friendly and helpful.

Pros: Location, location, location. It's a three minute walk from the hotel to the airport terminal, which gave me plenty of extra time in the morning before my flight. The staff was pleasant and very helpful. I scheduled a wake up call at 5a and the phone rang as planned. The restaurant, while pricey, does not disappoint. I enjoyed a egg white frittata and very good coffee. The front desk was helpful in directing me to the shuttle and giving me information about the airport terminal. I'm a Marriott Rewards member and I was thanked for my loyalty.

Cons: The beds are a bit firmer than I usually prefer, but overall it was comfortable. The rooms are dated and could use a makeover. The first night, I was placed in an accessible room. The shower in that room was terrible. Thankfully, on my next stay, I was in a regular room that had a great rain shower with great water pressure.

My only complaint, and this probably isn't Marriott's fault is that you can't walk from the rental car pick up to the hotel because there are no sidewalks. It would take less than five minutes to walk it, but you have to take a shuttle because it is unsafe to walk.

I recommend staying here if you are catching an early flight. They cater to business travelers and do a very good job of it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
new jersey
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Booked this hotel last minute for a great price on Priceline. We arrived at 4:30 and were told a room would not be available for two hours! No apologies, no sympathy and not an ounce of politeness. When we finally got our room, we were pleased to find a clean good sized room. You cannot beat the airport location where you do not even have to go outside to enter the airport. Checkout was just as unfriendly and cold. If it were not for the poor customer service this could be a great hotel.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank jpolizzotto
Warminster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My family stayed here (4 adults) on a Monday night in October before going on vacation Tuesday AM. The hotel has a vibrancy to it and yet it was a quiet night's sleep attached to Terminal B. Two of us had drinks at the bar and then moved over to the restaurant for dinner, which was delicious. The rooms were very clean with ultra comfortable beds. In the morning we simply cleaned up, closed our suitcases and strolled over to security before flying south. Will definitely do this again! It beats the hustle and worry of rush hour traffic.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We landed at 5:00 AM in PAL after an exhausting international flight and couldn't find the hotel shuttle. We called the hotel from the terminal and Janine who answered the phone was just amazing - she organized the driver to come pick us up in a few minutes, she gave us a free breakfast which was a chance to rest till the room was ready and before 9:00AM (!) got us a room which had 2 double beds and a crib as requested so we could rest before the official check-in time. I couldn't thank her enough. This hotel was pricey but definitely worth it, the train to the city was easy to catch, and our next day's flight only a short walk away. Oh - and the windows were so well isolated, I think it was the most quiet hotel I've slept in.

southern california
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We were in Philly for granddaughters wedding and Hurricane Sandy stranded us. After looking at our Options we decided the best was to head to to Marriott connect to the air port. Location was was we needed.
We had front row seats looking over the airport Marriott style,
My husband intended to do some work ,we had electricity and felt as safe as could be but after much frustration they are too cheap too have wireless in the room. That is why everyone is in th lobby working on their lap tops., I think this is totally unacceptable!

Room Tip: No wireless in the room, they want you to pay I addition to paying top dollar
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Good location, easy check in, well signed within the airport and directly connected to the terminals, clean room with updated look and TV. Downsides were parking was expensive (at the airport itself thought there's a small discount for guests and it is easy to use), and internet was charged in the room as per usual with Mariott (which I will never pay for just use wireless hotspot on my phone) and it should be free.

I had a nice view of the runways in my room which I like as its interesting if you're killing a few minutes, but I could not hear the planes at all, so it's far enough away and well insulated I assume.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Pine Bush, New York
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I booked a room for my husband and his assistant coach for a night after a game played in Philadelphia. The room had been confirmed and paid for in advance but when they arrived, the room I had booked was given to someone else. They only had one room left with one double bed to offer them. Of course this would not do. After repeated requests and an hour later they got them a room at another hotel nearby. Hotels.com gave us 10% in compensation and I applaud them for doing so, but the Hilton organization never even responded to my e-mail; disappointing!

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business