“Solid Hotel with Poor Service” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Philadelphia Airport Marriott

Philadelphia Airport Marriott
Ranked #35 of 84 Hotels in Philadelphia
new jersey
“Solid Hotel with Poor Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Booked this hotel last minute for a great price on Priceline. We arrived at 4:30 and were told a room would not be available for two hours! No apologies, no sympathy and not an ounce of politeness. When we finally got our room, we were pleased to find a clean good sized room. You cannot beat the airport location where you do not even have to go outside to enter the airport. Checkout was just as unfriendly and cold. If it were not for the poor customer service this could be a great hotel.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank jpolizzotto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Warminster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My family stayed here (4 adults) on a Monday night in October before going on vacation Tuesday AM. The hotel has a vibrancy to it and yet it was a quiet night's sleep attached to Terminal B. Two of us had drinks at the bar and then moved over to the restaurant for dinner, which was delicious. The rooms were very clean with ultra comfortable beds. In the morning we simply cleaned up, closed our suitcases and strolled over to security before flying south. Will definitely do this again! It beats the hustle and worry of rush hour traffic.

Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We landed at 5:00 AM in PAL after an exhausting international flight and couldn't find the hotel shuttle. We called the hotel from the terminal and Janine who answered the phone was just amazing - she organized the driver to come pick us up in a few minutes, she gave us a free breakfast which was a chance to rest till the room was ready and before 9:00AM (!) got us a room which had 2 double beds and a crib as requested so we could rest before the official check-in time. I couldn't thank her enough. This hotel was pricey but definitely worth it, the train to the city was easy to catch, and our next day's flight only a short walk away. Oh - and the windows were so well isolated, I think it was the most quiet hotel I've slept in.

southern california
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We were in Philly for granddaughters wedding and Hurricane Sandy stranded us. After looking at our Options we decided the best was to head to to Marriott connect to the air port. Location was was we needed.
We had front row seats looking over the airport Marriott style,
My husband intended to do some work ,we had electricity and felt as safe as could be but after much frustration they are too cheap too have wireless in the room. That is why everyone is in th lobby working on their lap tops., I think this is totally unacceptable!

Room Tip: No wireless in the room, they want you to pay I addition to paying top dollar
Oakville, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Good location, easy check in, well signed within the airport and directly connected to the terminals, clean room with updated look and TV. Downsides were parking was expensive (at the airport itself thought there's a small discount for guests and it is easy to use), and internet was charged in the room as per usual with Mariott (which I will never pay for just use wireless hotspot on my phone) and it should be free.

I had a nice view of the runways in my room which I like as its interesting if you're killing a few minutes, but I could not hear the planes at all, so it's far enough away and well insulated I assume.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Pine Bush, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I booked a room for my husband and his assistant coach for a night after a game played in Philadelphia. The room had been confirmed and paid for in advance but when they arrived, the room I had booked was given to someone else. They only had one room left with one double bed to offer them. Of course this would not do. After repeated requests and an hour later they got them a room at another hotel nearby. Hotels.com gave us 10% in compensation and I applaud them for doing so, but the Hilton organization never even responded to my e-mail; disappointing!

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was disappointed overall in the level of service at this Marriott property. Definitely not run with the true Marriott standards I encounter elsewhere. Front desk service was lackluster. Cleanliness of common areas was so-so. The room was a bit old and outdated - definitely needed an upgrade. Chair had a stain on it, bed was not as comfortable as most. There was no wi-fi, which really surprised us, as I don't encounter many Marriott locations that don't. We chose the hotel since it was attached to the airport, and had an earlier flight out. For convenience, it was worth it, but had we not gotten a good price, I would have been even more disappointed. I'm not sure I can recommend this hotel unless you are strictly looking for convenience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business