“NOT what I wanted...dont stay there for convenience of parking!”

Philadelphia Airport Marriott
Ranked #36 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
Feasterville, Pennsylvania, United States
“NOT what I wanted...dont stay there for convenience of parking!”
Reviewed January 11, 2012

We often stay close to the airport for the convenience of being able to leave our car somewhere and save the money from parking at the airport, plus having the convenience of staying close by. Several years we have stayed at the Microtel, not luxury, but clean, convenient, free breakfast, free parking and shuttle to the airport. This year we decided to stay at the Marriot, more expensive but so close we thought we'd be able to walk right across the bridge and be at the airport. Here's my review from the beginning: Room was nice, not great, not worth 169$ in my opinion...we went to the restaurant for dinner, very small menu, very expensive menu, was 75$$ for two sandwiches and dessert, plus a glass of wine and a soda. yeah, sandwiches...that night i went down to the desk to ask what I needed to do about the parking, do i put something on my dash, etc. That was when i learned that they dont let you store your car there for free. You have to pay DOUBLE the price of short term parking at the airport. Okay, that was the whole point of staying there....so we decided that the next morning we would get up early and move the car to short term pkg. We already put out too much money I thought on the room and the sandwiches...I wasnt about to pay double for parking when short term was literally 2 minutes away. So when we left the next morning, they actually charged us 20$$ to park there for THE NIGHT WE STAYED!!! I couldnt believe it! You dont even get to park there for free when you pay over 150$ for the room?? Wow...I was so disgusted...and no continental breakfast or anything like that either. We'll never stay there again. We're gonna go back to staying at the Microtel!

Room Tip: Dont stay here if you want to leave your car! Unless you are prepared to pay double what short term...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed January 8, 2012

Stayed here as I came in late and didn't feel like driving. My mistake was actually renting a car not realizing exactly how close to the airport it was. You can actually walk to the terminal from there. The hotel is a little tricky to find as the signage isn't the greatest (if driving). Just follow the signs for 'hotel' even though it doesn't specify, the marriott is the only hotel on site.

Upon check-in I was greeted by a friendly and helpful staff member who checked me in quickly with a smile. Which at close to midnight isn't always the case. She had asked if I had just flown in and I said yes. She then mentioned if I was hungry, the hotel restaurant was open till midnight. This was a pleasant surprise but I just wanted my bed.

The rooms are a little dated to be honest. The cabinet that has the TV on it once held a tube TV, so the flatscreen sits very high up and could be uncomfortable to watch for extend periods. The bed was amazing. Maybe it was because I was tired but it seemed newer and I was out like a light.

Housekeeping seemed alright I saw a few hairs on my bathroom floor but I was too tired to care at that point.

Overall, I've stayed here and at the Renaissance down the road. For convenience and price, I'd recommend the Marriott.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Washington
Reviewed January 2, 2012

We stay here the night before our 7:50 am flight back to Seattle. The room was very nice and quiet! We never heard any of the aircraft. There is a sky bridge so you walk directly from the hotel inside the airport. We will use this hotel again if a similar situation arises. Very kind and friendly staff helped us with the location of a near by gas station so we could fill up our rental prior to returning it.

• Stayed December 2011
yardley pa
Reviewed January 1, 2012

For those unfamiliar with the Philly airport, there are 5 terminals, all attached by walkways and the Marriott is directly attached to terminal B. We have never been to a more conveniently located airport hotel.

Staff is helpful, rooms are clean, wonderful concierge lounge with great service. More than sufficient pool and workout facilities. Nice bar/restaurant with reasonable prices (especially for a captive audience). Rooms are very quiet considering the location.

Only complaint is the silly "rain" showers some Marriotts are now using which destroys water pressure . Impossible to get a good shower.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the airport (on a high floor) are fun, expecially for kids, but may be a bit noisy
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
yardley pa
Reviewed January 1, 2012

Room Tip: Rooms facing the airport are fun (especially for kids), but may be a bit noisier. Need to be on a h...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
Reviewed December 11, 2011

The hotel is nice and if you are looking for an overnight stay between flights can be a life-saver. It is clean and comfortable. It has limited opportunities for breakfast and only one restaurant/bar (to use the airport facilities you have to check in). However if you need to stay for a longer period keep in mind that there is nothing around the hotel. I stayed for a meeting and I found the convention facilities to be average. The food was poor at the meeting. There is an indoor pool which I did not use but looked very nice. Staff was not very attentive but corteous.

Room Tip: There is no noise from the planes, but I asked for a room away from the airport anyway
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Utah
Reviewed December 9, 2011

The location is great for travelers but you pay for it. The beds are comfortable but no better that the beds at the courtyard down the street. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I even rate the staff in their concierge lounge outstanding! The downside is their night staff is very noisy in the hallways and if up are trying to get sleep, they don't seem to care.

Room Tip: There is no restricted access to the concierge lounge on the 15th floor. There isn't anyone th...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business