“Good option for Airport Stay”

Philadelphia Airport Marriott
Ranked #35 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed November 27, 2011

This hotel is all about the location. You can walk across a sky bridge directly to Terminal B. They offer a shuttle if you are in another terminal, and do not want to walk. The hotel is somewhat dated. The carpets and rooms could use updating, but my room was clean and the bed comfortable. The hotel bar/restaurant was good and I thought priced fairly.

Staff was friendly and helpful. This is not a top end Marriott, but for a night at the airport to catch an early flight, it is a great choice.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business

998 - 1,004 of 1,088 reviews

Reviewed November 15, 2011

Since August, 2008 I have stayed at the Marriott to rest up from my West Coast flights and also use this hotel for my early morning return flights for the easy access. Since this is my 8th stay, I have seen the Front Desk staff under all different events from rowdy customers,
lost individuals, foreigh travelers and vacation travelers coming home to Philly. In August, I was greeted by (David) who was very helpful and also helpful with my upcoming stays at other Marriott locations in the Phila. area. The primary points of this hotel are:
1) Direct access for the airport into the hotel 2) Rental car lots across the street 3)On-site (Sports Bar-RiverBend) with the Rowing decor & good food at either the bar or seating areas
4) Helpful front desk staff. The hotel does need updates as other reviewers have noted but the Location is still the key. The TVs are being updated, the rooms are not suites but the property's amenities are still the best for the area.

Room Tip: Use the "Skywalk" into the hotel-Use the Riverbend Grill-Walk across the street to get you...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank IrvineBeary
Reviewed November 15, 2011

We stayed here due to its proximity to the airport and our early AM flight. Our room was clean and everything was in its place. Nothing was broken like at our previous hotel! We ate at the restaurant and had good food and good service. The best part about it was the lap pool and whirlpool. We weren't sure if they had a pool until we got there and it was a nice surprise. They also have a really nice gym - a number of treadmills and cardio machines, and a whole lineup or weight machines. I would definitely stay here again if I needed to be close to the airport. We also used their airport shuttle, which took us to our terminal (we were out of terminal E, and the hotel is connected to terminal B). The shuttle came on time, and even though we had 2 others to drop off before us it was very quick and easy.

Room Tip: We had a room next to the elevator and weren't bothered by noise. Very good soundproofing!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank mrssmall23
Reviewed November 10, 2011

The hotel is nicely decorated and clean, however the rooms were smaller than what we are use to in a Marriott. The hotel's resturant was good with great service, and the pool area was nice. The biggest drawback was no wifi and the tv reception was fuzzy. The convience of this property is great, but overall it is just an average experience.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank lovestravelanddogs
Reviewed November 7, 2011

Lobby was very nice and up to date. It was the only place besides the bar that you can get wifi. I could not believe that a hotel at the airport did not have in room wifi. Very disappointing.
Rooms were clean and they had nice bathrooms and flat screen TVs. The bar is nice and the food is good. Great service and I loved the sweet potatoe fries. It is extremely close to the airport. Easy access for early morning flights.
I would only recommend if you need to stay at the airport. Otherwise the lack of in room wifi and hi price would push me away.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed November 6, 2011

Having been stranded at the airport the night before and slept on the floor we were delighted to secure this hotel for our second night and they allowed us to book in at 9am in the morning - bliss.
The rooms did not disappoint and we slept perfectly.

Breakfast was good, dinner in the bar area could not be faulted and all staff give the highest level of customer service.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 3, 2011

OK, so there were three good things and three bad things, and while I think the good wins out, let me cover the bad ones first. First, these rooms haven't been updated since the Reagan Administration. Second, the beds really do need to be replaced. Third, no wireless Internet in the rooms (this is an airport hotel supposed to be catering to *business* people?). Despite these shortcomings, overall I thought this was a GREAT place to stay. First, I always find the convenience of walking down a hall from the airport terminal and into the hotel lobby a plus, but the hotel is also right across the street from several car rental places (including mine, AVIS), making it very easy for me to get to my car the next morning. Second, I noticed upon walking in that the hotel restaurant was *jammed* and people seemed to be happy and enjoying their food. This made me feel a little more confident in calling for room service. The food was surprisingly good. Most hotels like this one tend to specialize in wildly overpriced and frankly underwhelming food ... this hotel broke both molds in that the food was less overpriced and the quality significantly exceeded my expectations. Third, the hotel swimming pool (and I've noticed this about airport hotels being better at this, the Hilton at O'Hare is another good example) is clearly not the standard, useless 20 footer (fine for family play time but nothing else) but a nearly standard length lap pool, allowing business travelers who happen to be serious lap swimmers (that would be me) a VERY welcome break from the "80+ laps to a mile" pools we so often get stuck with. I would REALLY appreciate their adding wireless Internet and replacing the mattresses, but I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business