“Great for business travel”

Philadelphia Airport Marriott
Ranked #36 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
Tucson, Arizona
“Great for business travel”
Reviewed November 3, 2011

OK, so there were three good things and three bad things, and while I think the good wins out, let me cover the bad ones first. First, these rooms haven't been updated since the Reagan Administration. Second, the beds really do need to be replaced. Third, no wireless Internet in the rooms (this is an airport hotel supposed to be catering to *business* people?). Despite these shortcomings, overall I thought this was a GREAT place to stay. First, I always find the convenience of walking down a hall from the airport terminal and into the hotel lobby a plus, but the hotel is also right across the street from several car rental places (including mine, AVIS), making it very easy for me to get to my car the next morning. Second, I noticed upon walking in that the hotel restaurant was *jammed* and people seemed to be happy and enjoying their food. This made me feel a little more confident in calling for room service. The food was surprisingly good. Most hotels like this one tend to specialize in wildly overpriced and frankly underwhelming food ... this hotel broke both molds in that the food was less overpriced and the quality significantly exceeded my expectations. Third, the hotel swimming pool (and I've noticed this about airport hotels being better at this, the Hilton at O'Hare is another good example) is clearly not the standard, useless 20 footer (fine for family play time but nothing else) but a nearly standard length lap pool, allowing business travelers who happen to be serious lap swimmers (that would be me) a VERY welcome break from the "80+ laps to a mile" pools we so often get stuck with. I would REALLY appreciate their adding wireless Internet and replacing the mattresses, but I would definitely stay here again.

1 Thank Duane B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed November 3, 2011

Have stayed her a few times. It's in an excellent location (connected to PHL via skywalk). I'm a Marriott Platinum Member and this hotel has never given me an upgrade (most others do). Room did not have the Marriott Technology Panel (connect your laptop to the TV, etc). Not even a free bottle of water for Elite guests. Room service was timely and tasty. Service for the check-in was excellent. Concierge lounge staff were very, very nice. Never heard even one plane take off.

1 Thank sjhanlon
Seattle
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Can't beat the location. Very short walk to/from terminal -- and so far have only had short lines at this particular security checkpoint. Also exceptionally close to train station and rent a cars -- walk out the door and they are across the street.

Rooms are as they should be for this price class, but what distinguishes the property is the rooms that face the airport/runways...the soundproofing is so good that you can watch the planes take off and land, but not hear them...sort of eerie, but fun for plane buffs, or just kicking back.

Room Tip: Ask for airport view
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank dunnrej
USA
Reviewed October 29, 2011

I travel for business frequently and have stayed in MUCH nicer hotels for MUCH less money. You are paying a high price to be close to the airport. I guess saving taxicab fees should be considered a plus. The rooms are standard but clean. Shuttle drivers very nice and helpful though there is only one restaurant in the area that they can take you to. Otherwise you must get a taxi or eat in the hotel restaurant because there is nothing else in the area that you can get to.

1 Thank Bertha55
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed October 28, 2011

I have stayed at every kind of hotel, in every kind of city, all over the world. I am still in awe of how amazing the staff was at this Marriott Philly Airport. They were incredible.

I arrived later and was greeted by an upbeat, friendly front desk staff. So often airport hotels have one person working at night, and this person is miserable and tired. The Marriott staff could not have been more welcoming and pleasant.

The check in process was outstanding...and every possible consideration was made to make my stay as pleasant as possible.

My room was standard with not much of a view, but quiet and spotless.

For folks traveling out of or through PHL, this is your spot.

As a side note, the Marriott.com price was $250+. I bid online at priceline and got a room for under $100 on the day I was staying.

Dallas/Ft. Worth
Reviewed October 25, 2011

The PHL airport Marriott is a very nice hotel with a very convenient location. I walked to the hotel from my arriving flight without going outside...so the hotel is actually IN the airport, but outside of security. This place wasn't that inexpensive, but the rooms are very nice and very quiet.

Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed October 23, 2011

We stayed here the night we flew in and the night before we flew out. We had our own folding bed for our baby but had asked on the reservation for a crib. Each time when we checked in we were told we'd have a crib in the room. Never did. The first time we called down and were told they'd bring it right away. After 15 minutes we unpacked our bags, set up our own and called to cancel the crib. The second time we stayed it wasn't as late getting in so we received one after about 20 minutes after we called down to say there was no crib in the room as we had been told. The crib that was brought was broken an we had them get us a new one (which came faster). However getting in so late and leaving so early, we'd stay there again if the circumstances were the same.

• Stayed October 2011