“Perfect location”

Ranked #36 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
Yardley, Pennsylvania, USA
“Perfect location”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

If you want to stay at the Philadelphia airport, the Marriott is a very good choice. Walk to the terminals - what could be easier. Good restaurant too. Nice rooms. Moderately priced.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
New Jersey
Reviewed September 8, 2011

I had to change my flight because of Hurricane Irene. I was placed on a very early morning flight out of PHL so I booked the Marriott the night before the flight. I would have given this hotel 4 stars, but the outrageous nightly rate and fees make this hotel one to avoid. The lowest rate for one night was $299.00. After adding the hotel taxes, the bill comes to $344.45. That doesn’t include Internet access, which unbelievably is not free. It does not include $20.00 for parking or the $3.50 they want for the bottle of water that is in the room. And don’t expect a complementary breakfast either. They were nice enough to ask if we would like a copy of the Wall Street Journal or the USA Today delivered to our room in the morning, but they weren’t nice enough to actually deliver it. I have paid this much for a hotel twice before, ocean front in Hawaii and Times Square in NY, but this is a hotel located in a parking garage at an airport. Give me a break. As soon as idiots like me stop booking this overpriced hotel the sooner the rates will come back to reality. Never again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DinWah
PA
Reviewed August 22, 2011

We recently stayed at the Airport Marriott and were extremely pleased. The rooms were very clean, beds comfortable, and best of all quite! We bid for the room and felt we got a great deal.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Chandigarh
Reviewed August 10, 2011

We were distressed as our flight from Charlotte to Ottawa was canceled at the last minute. We were keen to be back in Ottawa as quickly as possible as my son had to fly to India the next afternoon. All we could get was an alternate flight to Philadelphia where we were supposed to spend the night before taking an early morning flight to Ottawa. The obvious choice for overnight stay was Philadelphia Airport Marriott located adjacent to Terminal B Baggage claim center. When we reached the Front Desk we were told that there was no vacancy and we may have to call other hotels in the periphery of the airport. Since it was already late - 11 p.m. - we requested the staff if we could be adjusted. We were asked to wait for a while in case of a last minute cancellation. We were lucky and got accommodation. A decent room with King size bed was most welcome for travel weary passengers. A quick shower and a quick bite at the ground floor lounge was so refreshing that we forgot about our day-long ordeals of late flight and flight cancellations. After a comfortable night, we were fresh to start the next day on a cheerful mode. And things started working well and our flight to Ottawa took off well in time. The Hotel staff was cooperative and helpful.Room, though on 11th floor, had excellent view.And to our great relief, tea maker with tea bags of our choice were there for our early morning tea.It was a good experience.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Concord, North Carolina
Reviewed August 3, 2011

I've stayed at a bunch of Marriotts and thought this was very nice. Room was big, clean and well decorated. Staff was courteous and helpful.

In terms of location, I wouldn't stay here if you wanted to explore Philly as you are a cab ride away from everything. But if you need to stay at the airport, you couldn't ask for a better hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Hatfield, PA
Reviewed August 3, 2011

I recently attended a 2-day event at this hotel and also stayed in the hotel for 2 nights. The room was exceptionally clean and updated - well beyond my high standards. The hotel restaurant is top-notch with fantastic food (the burger was the best I've had in a long time!) and very reasonably priced. I have to admit I was hesitant to actually stay in the hotel itself since I am from the Philly area, but I'm so happy that I did. Thanks, Marriott, for a relaxing weekend.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
new york
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Yes, it is cookie cutter but the staff is sooo friendly. The train and the plane are right there. 20 minutes to downtown Philly at the most. And I have to comment that they have the best housekeeping of any Marriott. I have stayed at---and I have stayed at a ton. The room was spotless.

The hotel was soundproof...you could not hear the airport at all.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends