“As close to Paris as you can get when not in Paris”
Review of Parc Brasserie

Parc Brasserie
Reserve with OpenTable
Parc Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 4,440 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: City Center West
Cross street: Corner of 18th and Locust Street
Reviewed April 19, 2013

This restaurant has a great setting on Rittenhouse Sqaure, which was in full bloom the evening we had a light meal at an outside table. Having dined at lots of cafes in Paris, this restaurant is a Disney-like reproduction of a typical one (except the food is a lot better than Disney). The contents of the menu, the style of service, and the preparation are all at a high standard. I would not give the restaurant 5 stars in Paris, but in the US it deserves a very strong recommendation. We had a green salad, which was beautiful bibb lettuce with paper thin slices of root vegatable and a wonderful vinegar and oil dressing, and the nightly special, which was a Dover sole garnished with asparagus. The sole was fresh, and perfectly cooked, having a bit of crispness on both sides without being overdone. It was beautifully deboned and served with the four filets still attached to the tail bone -- so, some good technique in the kitchen. There was a server in charge of our table, but food was delivered by a separate team, who had clearly run straight from the kitchen. We walked past the place several times over the course of the weekend, and it was pretty jammed, even when other places were empty. We ate there at 5:30 on a Monday night, and got one of the last outside tables. Definitely on the visit again list.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

We had tickets to see Aziz Ansari at the Merriam Theater. We were looking for a restaurant nearby so I did a google search and of course cross referenced it with Trip Advisor's reviews. Finding this gem was a dream come true. My girlfriend is all things Paris so I knew it would be a hit with her. Make reservations a day in advance because this place is always buzzing. I would recommend checking the weather in advance too, and try to get a seat outside. If it does rain, there is enough coverage that you shouldn't have to move inside.

Upon entering you will see a blackboard with the weather forecast for the day, all in French. We were told we wouldn't be seated until our entire party of 4 arrived, so we grabbed a drink at the bar. The bartender was attentive and provided us with a drink menu. Drinks are a bit pricey, so be prepared for an $18 glass of champagne. The beer selection was definitely heavy on foreign beers, so if you like trying something new, then this place is for you. My girlfriend ordered a Hoegaarden which was served in a very nice authentic Bavarian Weizen glass (~$8). Once our guests arrived, we were seated relatively close to the bar, which was crowded throughout the night. Fortunately we didn't have any problems with people bumping into us, the clientele is older and mature.

Our waitress came and got our drink order within 5 minutes of us being sat. I enjoy both duck and lamb, so being that both were on the menu I asked the waitress for her recommendation. She said the Lamb Provencale was her favorite dish but the Duck Confit was the best presentation of duck she has seen. I went with the duck, my girlfriend ordered the Lobster Risotto which was one of the daily specials. The couple at our table ordered the Duck Rotisserie and the Steak Frite. The waitress suggested that they prepare the Steak Frite with a NY Sirloin instead of the usual cut of meat in order to better prepare it to her liking which was medium well. We decided to skip appetizers since we weren't planning on taking any food to go. We also heard that the bread baskets were phenomenal, which was absolutely true! There was a multitude of bread. French bread, Italian bread, some sort of cranberry wheat bread. They were a little light on the butter for 4 people so I wouldn't be afraid to ask for an extra plate of it beforehand.

The presentations of all the dishes were superb. Even the plateware itself was exquisite with the name of the restaurant engraved into the dish. Unfortunately the waitress either mixed up or misunderstood my order with the Duck Rotisserie so I was unable to try the Duck Confit. I was once a waiter so I can understand how this would happen in a loud restaurant.

We ordered a creme brulee, a cafe late, and a special dessert modified by my girlfriend. She ordered a lemon sorbet with a Lindemans Framboise, which they poured for her in order to make it into a float. It actually turned out to be quite delicious, and I'm not a fan of girly drinks. All in all I would highly recommend this place.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Captures French bistro menu with excellent execution; a bit large and potentially chaotic but the service remained top-notch.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

The food was excellent, but even with reservations we had seats in the front of the main restaurant. I wouldn't sit there again. The first choice had sun in my eyes and the second, a railing in my husband's back. The third table was OK. If/when we go back, we'll opt for the tables on the main level rather than those just inside the entrance.

The only downside to this popular restaurant in the upscale Rittenhouse Square area (Parc faces the square...get it?) was the noise level. I pity the wait staff who will surely suffer early onset hearing loss.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Loved this restaurant. The atmosphere was so authentically Paris. The food at Sunday brunch was delicious. We had the Eggs Benedict with smoked salmon and the poached eggs with asparagus. Then we had the pasty basket. They were all homemade and so fresh and warm. Oh I forgot the pommes frittes. The "french fries" OMG terrific. We own our own catering company so we do have quite a bit of knowledge of fine foods. EAT HERE you won't regret it.
We then went back the next day for dinner on a Monday. The special is Dover sole. It was melt in your mouth amazing. And my husband had the crispy duck with sour cherry sauce. We cannot wait to go back.