“Great place to impress your date”
Review of Parc Brasserie

Parc Brasserie
Reserve with OpenTable
Parc Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 4,370 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: City Center West
Cross street: Corner of 18th and Locust Street
Lansdale, Pennsylvania, United States
“Great place to impress your date”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We had tickets to see Aziz Ansari at the Merriam Theater. We were looking for a restaurant nearby so I did a google search and of course cross referenced it with Trip Advisor's reviews. Finding this gem was a dream come true. My girlfriend is all things Paris so I knew it would be a hit with her. Make reservations a day in advance because this place is always buzzing. I would recommend checking the weather in advance too, and try to get a seat outside. If it does rain, there is enough coverage that you shouldn't have to move inside.

Upon entering you will see a blackboard with the weather forecast for the day, all in French. We were told we wouldn't be seated until our entire party of 4 arrived, so we grabbed a drink at the bar. The bartender was attentive and provided us with a drink menu. Drinks are a bit pricey, so be prepared for an $18 glass of champagne. The beer selection was definitely heavy on foreign beers, so if you like trying something new, then this place is for you. My girlfriend ordered a Hoegaarden which was served in a very nice authentic Bavarian Weizen glass (~$8). Once our guests arrived, we were seated relatively close to the bar, which was crowded throughout the night. Fortunately we didn't have any problems with people bumping into us, the clientele is older and mature.

Our waitress came and got our drink order within 5 minutes of us being sat. I enjoy both duck and lamb, so being that both were on the menu I asked the waitress for her recommendation. She said the Lamb Provencale was her favorite dish but the Duck Confit was the best presentation of duck she has seen. I went with the duck, my girlfriend ordered the Lobster Risotto which was one of the daily specials. The couple at our table ordered the Duck Rotisserie and the Steak Frite. The waitress suggested that they prepare the Steak Frite with a NY Sirloin instead of the usual cut of meat in order to better prepare it to her liking which was medium well. We decided to skip appetizers since we weren't planning on taking any food to go. We also heard that the bread baskets were phenomenal, which was absolutely true! There was a multitude of bread. French bread, Italian bread, some sort of cranberry wheat bread. They were a little light on the butter for 4 people so I wouldn't be afraid to ask for an extra plate of it beforehand.

The presentations of all the dishes were superb. Even the plateware itself was exquisite with the name of the restaurant engraved into the dish. Unfortunately the waitress either mixed up or misunderstood my order with the Duck Rotisserie so I was unable to try the Duck Confit. I was once a waiter so I can understand how this would happen in a loud restaurant.

We ordered a creme brulee, a cafe late, and a special dessert modified by my girlfriend. She ordered a lemon sorbet with a Lindemans Framboise, which they poured for her in order to make it into a float. It actually turned out to be quite delicious, and I'm not a fan of girly drinks. All in all I would highly recommend this place.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Boston, Massachusetts
“first rate”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Captures French bistro menu with excellent execution; a bit large and potentially chaotic but the service remained top-notch.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Good food, but bring earplugs”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

The food was excellent, but even with reservations we had seats in the front of the main restaurant. I wouldn't sit there again. The first choice had sun in my eyes and the second, a railing in my husband's back. The third table was OK. If/when we go back, we'll opt for the tables on the main level rather than those just inside the entrance.

The only downside to this popular restaurant in the upscale Rittenhouse Square area (Parc faces the square...get it?) was the noise level. I pity the wait staff who will surely suffer early onset hearing loss.

• Visited April 2013
“Like being in Paris !!!!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Loved this restaurant. The atmosphere was so authentically Paris. The food at Sunday brunch was delicious. We had the Eggs Benedict with smoked salmon and the poached eggs with asparagus. Then we had the pasty basket. They were all homemade and so fresh and warm. Oh I forgot the pommes frittes. The "french fries" OMG terrific. We own our own catering company so we do have quite a bit of knowledge of fine foods. EAT HERE you won't regret it.
We then went back the next day for dinner on a Monday. The special is Dover sole. It was melt in your mouth amazing. And my husband had the crispy duck with sour cherry sauce. We cannot wait to go back.

Denver, Colorado
“LOVE THIS PLACE !!!!!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Had the chicken and mashed potato, don't know how they do it...was the best I ever had !!!!!
I recomend highly to all my friends and family.