“Wonderful French Ambiance”
Review of Parc Brasserie

Parc Brasserie
Reserve with OpenTable
Parc Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 4,446 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: French
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: City Center West
Cross street: Corner of 18th and Locust Street
Reviewed November 15, 2012

It's a mini trip to Paris - in the heart of Philadelphia! No details have been spared in authentic bistro! Great place for a casual brunch - or dinner. Cheese and Charcuterie platters not to be missed. yum!

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Tried to get a reservation but ending up sitting at the bar. Still a great experience. Lovely bartender who provided great service and food recommendations. We started with the chartcuterie and cheese plate. Lovely pate. We followed this with their cassoluet, steak trite and a wild halibut. Great choice of beers and wines. Dessert was excellent. Overall a great night out with plenty of athmosphere and good food.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

I dined solo, and still was advised to make a reservation, even though I normally eat at the bar. I was allowed to select a place at the bar, but was promptly asked to move numerous times by large parties of people who wanted to have a pre-dinner drink. The crowd at the bar was a bit boisterous and unruly, and a touch inconsiderate to someone who actually wanted to eat dinner beneath their shoving elbows, but this is not the restaurant's fault. Just be warned if you plan to eat at the bar!

I started with the Tuna Carpaccio, which was honestly the best I ever had. It was suffused with a brilliant leek vinaigrette. The leeks made all the difference and I am craving it again!

For an entree I selected the Roasted Sea Scallops with porcini risotto and brussles sprouts. Everything about this dish was amazing. I especially loved the tender mushrooms. The scallops were cooked perfectly, four of them perfectly golden brown on the outside and tender on the inside. Sprouts were amazing as well.

I couldn't find macarons on the dessert menu but the bartender insisted they had them. After a few minutes, a rather large dish of half a dozen perfect macarons of different flavors was presented to me. Excellent!

The bartender was very helpful in choosing a good glass of wine to complement the meal, as well as a perfect dessert wine to cap it off with. They also have an espresso machine, so I finished with a single and it was a truly perfect meal.

I do have one complaint: a older gentleman who was apparently a regular customer came in and sat next to me. He struck up a conversation and while I was trying to be polite, he started talking a bit dirty and invited me over to his apartment. Not cool. That was the only black mark on the whole evening. But it did leave a bad taste in my mouth. Wait staff was joking around with him so he's known. I don't know if they realize how dirty he is.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

If you are looking for a Paris style bistro experience/menu inPhilly - this is a good place to put on your MUST GO TO list..

Was in town for a conference and was taken here for my birthday. Located nicely across from a perfect little city park , near other eateries and shops - there was alot of life in the area on probably one of the last warm Friday evenings in November.

We ate inside and sat by a window - but they still had table service outside as they had excellent heaters placed along the outside of their space - but we opted to eat in.

Onion soup, escargot,steak tartare and duck were all amazing. Great cocktails, and they brought out a meringue cookie assortment complete with lighted sparkler for my birthday! we ordered desserts - also outstanding.
Finished with an absinthe.

Great service and awesome fellow diners

Make this must stop if you are looking for some bistro food , outstanding service and very enjoyable dining room vibe.

Sitting by the window and people watching while eating was a definite plus.

Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

You wonder why a "dog" review well from the human stand point the menu is slightly confusing with some items on all the time and some on between 3 pm and 5 plus the regulars. But as I usually go lunch through 5 pm I know the menu and my favorites are there. But the bread is soooo good you may want to order with the knowledge that you Will want to consume bread with the perfect consistency of quality butter. And ask for a second basket. Service is excellent and charming as well. They will be happy to put your favorite breads in that second or third basket. The onion soup at 11 dollars is not inexpensive but so perfect in the ingredients and recipe that I find it to often be my meal. Did I say bread? Bread and onion soup makes a perfect lunch. Every item is well Executed Any errors ( hey no one is perfect ) are corrected and genuinely cared about making the service even more attentive. Atmosphere is a day in France need I say more? And if you eat outside facing Rittenhouse Square it is a perfect day in Paris without an airplane flight. Now the dog review. I have a long coat chihuahua who travels the world. At Parc he is offered a shiny clean stainless bowl of water and special Parc chef baked cookies for doggie guest. Sometimes round sometimes in shapes of a traditional dog biscuit and sometimes beautifully shipped like various breeds of dog. Recently a dachshund. My dog Dustin Hoffman never eats any dog treats or biscuits and I've tried over five tests almost everyone on the market. He won't eat anything but a McDonald's plain hamburger or cooked boiled chicken breast. Sometime one brand of high end dog dry food but only if we are traveling and there was no McDonald's nearby. The Parc dog treat is baked with a sugarless dough and flavored with lamb or beef so of course he loves it. If I say "Parc cookie " he jumps up and spins around. So for the human gourmet and doggie gourmet when in Phila "Parc " is your destination. If you need a trip to Paris but can't afford it also go to Parc. The menu goes from a perfect onion soup to easy on your purse omelet to gourmet seafood entres and wine list. Ask for there wonderful real milkshakes as well. Not on the menu but if you see someone sipping what looks like a great chocolate shake that is exactly what it is. I had a coffee milk shake for my dessert after my soup and I smiled the rest of my day. And my dog wagged his tail as well. Nice weather eat outside you can not go wrong at Parc and the menu has something for everyone.